Shift (Neowin Linux) Download!

Bulio,

Also, I sent you a PM to put it on a FTP server...............

Don't worry guys, it will be up for faster download soon.

Barney

Thats great that you people are trying it but did you read what it was....just a basic linux package with a few applications.....I think it is mostly to prove that this is actually going to happen and to get more people to help out

Thats great that you people are trying it but did you read what it was....just a basic linux package with a few applications.....I think it is mostly to prove that this is actually going to happen and to get more people to help out

Yes, this is just a skeleton........ we will add to it until it is complete. Fluxbox worked for us (albeit a bit slow) but it may not work for everyone. Please post bugs in our Bugs Thread.

Barney

This is going to sound really stupid, but what is it based off? Isn't it going to be based off another Linux?

This particular version is based on Morphix.

Barney

thats all I got....It just said done at the bottom and I typed startx being the noob I am and it brought me to the root console with a little x pointer...

I love the level of decisions that are made by Neowin users, in the choosing of the name, devlopment bases etc.

Excellent (Y)

Ubuntu's success is sometimes attributed to its emphasis on "community", its good to see Neowin not only put in to practise the model but expand on it

Rob I've done a failsafe boot and ran a updatedb then todo a locate xinitrc. All I saw was the default one in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc. I saw none under root or any other user.

yep, im at where pricklypoo is..

What did you call me! :p

Well I don't see any fluxbox binary/executable dealy or any .xinitrc type thing going on so yeah... :huh:

Ya all I saw is that is was loading the morphix base and all that but nothing about fluxbox

Well its the first linux distribution that does nothing