About: Peta's Head (bound to offend)

What about her?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member of Peta?

• Yes, I am a radical animal supporter!
    • No, but I love animals, too. Humane Societies and WWF are good enough.
  2. 2. Isn't she bloody MAD!

• Yes, bloody mad! By the way, pass the steak sauce.
    • She is quite mad.
    • I wouldn't say she is mad exactly...
    • No! You should stop criticizing her! You are mean to animals!
  3. 3. Just out of curiosity, do you know who the ALF and the ELF are?

• Yes, and I want to stop them!
    • Yes, and I support them!
    • No, I have not a bloody clue what those are.
    • I've heared something about them somewhere...

then what was the arguement on?

If I find a more superior species on this planet...
yeah sure; your argument was not based on that....

second thing, i find no viability.

anyway it's useless discussing this cause we're never gonna agree on an answer so let's just stop here

i like animals, i value animal life very much, but taking radical actions like that is just stupid. It doesn't have the right effect, i think it only makes you and other, les radical, people who care a laughing stock.

Shes going to have a problem if she wants her body parts shipped, USPS, Fedex and UPS all prohibit the sending of human remains. It won't stop someone from hand delivering them though. But she's standing up for what she believes in, as long as no former part of her is coming to me, it won't bother me.

I remember ELF burning some buildings in Vail ski resort as few years ago. ALF is also usually known for burning animal related buildings and research centers.

then what was the arguement on? yeah sure; your argument was not based on that....

second thing, i find no viability.

anyway it's useless discussing this cause we're never gonna agree on an answer so let's just stop here

I was talking about how my argument is not based on your opinion.

Did I not say something about how a superior species would treat us? I'm talking about an intelligent species species that could deal major damage to our race to their liking. Intelligent species, not something like an anthrax virus.

Meh, let her have her little moment. Really I think this is about the document becoming a source of attention for PETA. I doubt that anyone will do this - but as for the human barbeque - I really would eat it, and then say "Hell this tastes good, but no substitute for real beef" - see I can be just as ridiculous as she can.

Pathetic!

The woman is mad. Does she really think this is going to make the slightest difference?

My opinion is that humans are superior. We have rights, if you like, to eat animals etc but with those come the responsibilities to look after animals affected by our actions.

Basically, I think we should use animals where necessary (I'd rather medical testing was done on monkeys than babies) but we should not be unnecessarily cruel (I disagree with cosmetics testing because that is selfish human vanity and I certainly wouldn't wear real fur).

Animals kill and eat us given the chance, why cant we do the same?

Because we're above them, even though we are all equal, and since we are all equal, we can't eat them, but they can eat us.

...not something like an anthrax virus.

Bacillus anthracis is a Gram-positive, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium of the genus Bacillus. A spore-forming bacterium, B. anthracis is a natural soil-dwelling organism, as well as the causative agent of anthrax.
-wikipedia

Sorry, I'm an aspiring microbiologist.

Back to the topic.....

Today is the fourth of July, would you mind passing me another hamburger.....

Some of these militancy group really hurt their own cause.

I doubt the legality of this will, there are regulations on how human bodies are handled after death...

I just don't get animal rights activists; shouldn't we save the dying humans in the world first?

I would rather save one human life than a million animals'. I hope I'm not the only one.

It's not that I hate animals, I certainly don't, but there's just a lot more important things to worry about, especially if you're going to worry as strongly as this woman.

I agree

Because we're above them, even though we are all equal, and since we are all equal, we can't eat them, but they can eat us.

I hope that sarcasm :)

-wikipedia

Sorry, I'm an aspiring microbiologist.

Back to the topic.....

Today is the fourth of July, would you mind passing me another hamburger.....

i knew this would happen, i ref wikipedia also and found out it was a disease caused by bacteria before i posted. the "ames" strain was inspiration of the MGS2 char Ames who died spontaniously.

think i should post a poll that asks if we are superior to other animals?

Edit: know what? i will.

the ant considers an ant more important than another specie. but humans who claim to have reason should know that all creatures are equal and even though a human might consider another human more important it isn't so.

there's that same contradiction again? We cant be equal if where superior. If we have reason and they dont we must be superior. If they have reason as well then they should be just as against harming other life, and hence the majority of life in the world dies from starvation..

you say humans know there all equal, if we know that and they dont, we must be superior? which kinda trips the hole thing up "/

ermm..."Except they don't have the mental faculty, to consider it like we do" place a baby human in an isolated place and has no contact with other humans. it won't have the mental faculty to consider anything at all. so it isn't something that humans in a natural way have. it is induced when they're young by their parents or by schools.

Why dont you try raising an ant as a human then.. i kinda get the feeling it still wont have the mental faculty we do...

The baby would still have those mental faculty's, it may not be using them? but given stimulus it could quite easly start doing so. The ant still ain't gonna be able to..

and no i'm not contradicting anything. it's you who misunderstood my point. i didn't say humans have an obbligation to look after animals. I said that humans have to be taught how to live with other animals because the world is not theirs and humans must realize that.

If we are in a position to be taking the world we must be superior? If where equal we wouldn't be able to.

if things went as they were naturally planned, there wouldn't have been the need to start organizations such as PETA and ALF but humans went far beyond the limit and something has to be done to stop the destruction.

Naturally? naturally humans eat meat, as do other animals. Naturally species become extinct when there not longer adapted to living in an environment or from predators... humans are predators, so its perfectly natural for us to wipe species out if we feel so inclined and to hunt them, and the farm them?

Humans are animals, but where superior, hence are able to do this. But this doesn't make us anything super natural, we are still Natural and are a force of nature. Thinking other Wise's would be exaggerating are superiority quite considerably "/

the few people who can and are trying to show people how to live with animals are made to look crazy because most humans find it's easier to believe that humans are superior so that they can wear fur, test medicines and products on animals, and all the rest of weird stuff they do.

Thats all entirely natural. Take the food chain, animals use the animals below to survive. Humans are at the top, hence we do exactly what every other animal does in the same position.

blatant answer, Bag, but respectable none the less. It's all natural.

I belive it is good to sympathize with them, but only for reasons that your own race has fault. Poaching is bad :( . Hugo Boss leather jacket is good :D . Circus is questionable, but I watch Cirque du Soleil so I wont deal with it.

The fact that we can have a discussion that isn't in real time, never mind one about the insanity of a certain radical mind, shows that we think at a higher plane. When animal enthusiasts talk about the intelligence of an animal, they mention little relativity to us.

Have you heard any statements that suggest any animal is more intelligent than the average or even the sustantialy less than average human? Post them! :shifty:

Edited by Manimog