AdiumX 1.0b8

Nice. I don't seem to be getting disconnected anymore. Though, anyone else notice like super high CPU usage whenever a buddy signs on or off?

Oh come on don't be so melodramatic. There aren't that many Mac users here. I can understand if it was posted on MacNN forums or something. A thread like this would have already gained 20-30 pages by now.

He was simply forwarding the request made by the Adium team on their webpage. I'd hardly call that melodramatic.

the difference is that we understand that it's a beta. Your average downloader from VersionTracker or something probably downloads it, goes 'wow this thing is useless and full of bugs' then goes crying to the Adium team because he doesn't understand that it's a beta and that bugs etc. are to be expected.

If they only meant some sites, they would have said 'some sites'. Perhaps a little more respect should be given to their request.

If they only meant some sites, they would have said 'some sites'. Perhaps a little more respect should be given to their request.

Maybe they just said that because who gets to decide which sites are able to handle a beta and which are not?

These are the questions that keep our scientists wondering Chad. :no:

Please do not post this beta to version tracking sites like MacUpdate or VersionTracker, or news sites like Digg. This is a beta; as such, things may not work properly.

Neowin is a Forum, not a download site or a digg.com like site :p

Edited by WinMacLin

Im getting allot of errors in this Adium Beta 5, everytime I talk to MSN people and close my conversation it says : error..... EVERYTIME!!!, also when i change my iTunes fast i get another error..!

Should be somewhere in the options to change that.

If they only meant some sites, they would have said 'some sites'.

As WinMacLin pointed out, they did say 'some sites'.

What is this sleeping MSN bug?

Anybody know what that iTunes option does in the status area? Is it meant to display what you're listening to, assuming you're listening to iTunes and you have this option checked?

If so, where does your "buddy" see this information? I had set this option and had iTunes playing, I asked a friend if he could see if it was displaying my current track somewhere, and he couldn't find anything. (He was using MSN).

Any info?

Thanks!

I also would like to know that Marc, I went through the Changelog's and I couldn't see any information about it, I also think it displays to your contact what song your listening to but when I signed into my other account on Windows Live Messenger I was unable to see the song information.

Anybody know what that iTunes option does in the status area? Is it meant to display what you're listening to, assuming you're listening to iTunes and you have this option checked?

If so, where does your "buddy" see this information? I had set this option and had iTunes playing, I asked a friend if he could see if it was displaying my current track somewhere, and he couldn't find anything. (He was using MSN).

Any info?

Thanks!

is that the "away message"??

btw, 1.0 beta 6 is out..

is that the "away message"??

btw, 1.0 beta 6 is out..

Not sure really, but the option labeled "iTunes" is physically located in the status list, so I believe it's either an away message (but I still don't know where a buddy views it), or it's an "I'm here" status message that happens to also display your iTunes info.

I also would like to know that Marc, I went through the Changelog's and I couldn't see any information about it, I also think it displays to your contact what song your listening to but when I signed into my other account on Windows Live Messenger I was unable to see the song information.

It's because Gaim currently doesn't support that part of the MSN protocol.

It works with AIM and Jabber accounts though (i don't have any other accounts to test)

But yeah, it shows your currently playing iTunes songs as your status message.

1.0b7 - Saturday, July 22th, 2006

SVN revision number: [16975]

Fixed a common crash when accounts are unexpectedly disconnected

Fixed display of dates in the Chat Transcript Viewer

Fixed a crash when joining group chats

Fixed a crash when viewing certain logs in OS X 10.3.9

Fixed improper status setting when attempting to set Invisible on Sametime; Sametime does not support an invisible status (#4388)

Fixed a potential crash when connecting via Bonjour

Fixed change of position of the contact list when screen parameters, including accessibility settings, change (#4774)

Fixed a crash when the File Transfer Failed event occurs and certain actions are associated with it

Fixed issues with the %senderColor% tag in message styles

Fixed dragging of images from image wells with associated image pickers; images dragged to the Finder now properly create image files instead of "Picture Clipping" objects

Fixed a rare crash when quitting with open chats

Fixed resizing of the Xtras Manager window (#4807)

Fixed the toolitp shown for statuses with keywords and triggers, such as the iTunes Now Playing status, to show the actual string sent to the server

Fixed a crash when opening message styles which don't specify a default font or font size

Added service icons for the Change Display Name dropdown menu in the contact list

Added a musical note to the iTunes Now Playing status on most services

Dutch, Polish, Spanish localization updates

those complaining about the chat logs might try this build. :)

Adium did support PSM's (and some MSNP13 features) but it was a Mod that a Adium forum member created - he had to stop work on it becuse of a company commitment. Gaims SoC projects (one of them anyway) is to incoparate MSNp13. WHen that is done Adium and work on supporting that. However you wont get yahoo chatting. as this is in MSNP14 apperntly.

They'll still get sued for using something even vaguely along the lines of Coca-Cola.

Also, there's no trademark or anything, which is sometimes the first thing I look out for.

EDIT: Wrong thread :blush:

• 2 weeks later...