[release]Neowin.Shift-0.1-BST

This is it! I used a nightly build of the Morphix base iso, and updated my Module making program, and now Neowin Shift boots fine!

I give you our first, official working release. Neowin Shift Blood, sweat, and Tears (BST) Named for all the hard work that went into this project to make it work. Special thanks goes to Morphix developer alextreme for suggesting the new builds, and to Neowin's own forum member, kinetix63, who suggested adding an Xorg package that gives support for all graphics cards. I also thank Neowin member rob2687 for reporting that the dev build worked, and posted his system info. (Which led to us deducing we just needed more Xorg

This release boots into XFCE4 with a Neowin background, and contains Gaim, Xchat, Xmms, and a few other programs. I will now be contacting people who will take care of graphics and I'll be speaking with developers interested in helping with the project.

As always, pick it apart and test it. Be sure to report all bugs!

Thanks guys!

And the torrent is now availible Here

Edited by bulio

Stand by guys, entering the final testing phase. Give me 10 more minutes and a torrent will be up.

I'll PM you FTP details for my mirror :)

I can't wait, and I'm working on graphics right now.

Does XFCE use splash screens? Just regular PNG's?

Great! I'll start downloading and seeding!

I have an idea for a splash screen, I'll post it after making my idea (mockup) purdy!

Here's a quick PNG splash screen I did. It's more of a mockup, but I added in some effects to emphasize what will be done.

post-117243-1152327205.png

Here's a quick PNG splash screen I did. It's more of a mockup, but I added in some effects to emphasize what will be done.

post-117243-1152327205.png

That's PIMP. bulio, can you integrate Tango icons by default :)

Have pmed bulio. Chris Technologies(me) is willling to help host this project's webpage/files with up to 25 GB Storage and 650 GB Transfer /Month. Possiblely email and database space will donated. The address can something like neowinshift.christechnologies.net and will be host till atleast October and then I will have to repay my host.

-"Chris" Technologies

I like it simon, BUT what is with people and BLUE? For freak's sake there are PLENTY of colours. Sorry, I'm sick of seeing blue what seems like everywhere

Have pmed bulio. Chris Technologies(me) is willling to help host this project's webpage/files with up to 25 GB Storage and 650 GB Transfer /Month. Possiblely email and database space will donated. The address can something like neowinshift.christechnologies.net and will be host till atleast October and then I will have to repay my host.

-"Chris" Technologies

That's nothing. I have more than double that which I've already offered.

Even still, I highly doubt we need that much resources in such an early stage of development.

I like it simon, BUT what is with people and BLUE? For freak's sake there are PLENTY of colours. Sorry, I'm sick of seeing blue what seems like everywhere

Agreed :yes:

Ok I just thought I would put on offer on the table as I would like to support this community. Oh well I will wait for the next project that arises.

Well, the official Neowin color is blue, but everything is controlled by color overlays and gradient overlays. I'll make red, black, Apple (grey/white), green, and dark blue sometime soon. It's not a problem, there's only one gradient and one solid color, and that grey border around the gradients is 50% transparent, as is the top layer with the logo (also easy to change when the official logo is done).

Here's a screenshot. I tweaked it a bit since the black-to-green coloring was horriud. I don't think the right wallpaper came up, it was the default.

post-117243-1152332120_thumb.jpg

It is nice to see it working, though.

Ok I just thought I would put on offer on the table as I would like to support this community.

Your offer is greatly appreciated Bounty.

Thanks,

Barney.

Ok I just thought I would put on offer on the table as I would like to support this community. Oh well I will wait for the next project that arises.

PM sent concerning the hosting :)