[release]Neowin.Shift-0.1-BST

Just posted my mirror of this:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=587682261

File Size: 185 MB (194,570,240 bytes)

CRC32: 7188DC65

MD5: 9bf09b69a522cc5ae173bbc9a106d954

Lots of screen shots:

http://www.war59312.com/gallery/?pagename=...inShift01BST%2F

Want me to take a screen shot of something? Let me know and I shall try!

Oh and what the heck is the root password? Blank does not work. :(

Edited by war

Kreuger, you're trying to specify the .ISO as a hard drive image (made the same mistake myself!!) Use: qemu -cdrom /home/etc etc etc...

I just got back, and brewed these up for ya:

post-117243-1152461166.png

post-117243-1152461183.png

post-117243-1152461203.png

Black came out well, but the others will need tweaking.

That looks better. My only suggestion is to make the logo stand out a little more

We'll have chosen the new logo by the time this goes into the distro, so the coloring will be different. No need to tweak it now.

Argh, I am starting to talk in IRC again!

o no... this distro doesnt detect Virtual PC's network "card". The driver that needs to be included is DEC 21140A 10/100 (sometimes known as a tulip card)

o no... this distro doesnt detect Virtual PC's network "card". The driver that needs to be included is DEC 21140A 10/100 (sometimes known as a tulip card)

At the moment, this release is purely proof of concept. It's at a bare minimum with very few drivers or packages available to the operating system. As we progress and it turns in to more of a "real" distro than a proof of concept, we'll start adding such drivers.

At the moment, this release is purely proof of concept. It's at a bare minimum with very few drivers or packages available to the operating system. As we progress and it turns in to more of a "real" distro than a proof of concept, we'll start adding such drivers.

Absolutely! :yes:

Barney

I doubt rthere are any network drivers. Wait for the next release, this is hardly even meant to be used.

I doubt rthere are any network drivers. Wait for the next release, this is hardly even meant to be used.

Simon, you're correct there. At the moment, this is PURELY proof of concept to show that we CAN customize a Morphix distro, and get it to boot on various pieces of hardware. This version of SHIFT is NOT meant for daily usage at this stage in development, hence why things like network drivers have been omitted at this stage.

xxpor: please keep an eye open as development progresses... The next release will be more full featured.

• 3 weeks later...

it detected my Network card ok too - about the only thing it did though :p

i had no usb, the screen resolution was limited to 640x480 (im unsure as to whether or not that is on purpose though), and my mouse was a bit flaky...

I'll try to get more info from it and post it in :)