Have the forums been hacked?

Opera doesn't even acknowledge the code let alone try to run it.

I agree :D i'm using opera and nothing has poped up saying anything :D plus Avast Professional would come up right away and say that the virus has been Removed :D.

my antivirus informed me about this virus on neowin forums.

Trojan program Trojan-Clicker.JS.Tagem.a

my antivirus informed me about this virus on neowin forums.

Trojan program Trojan-Clicker.JS.Tagem.a

No issues here, except for the usual slowness of the site anymore. Even that is running pretty good today though.

Running Mandriva One and Opera 9.0! :yes:

I went on the forums yesterday and as soon as the page finsihed loading 1 got 2 virus warnings from NOD32

nothing else was running at the time only IE with this site...

has anyone else seen this?

We have this hack utilised on our forums all the time, just stupid script injection

Stupid script injection that attempts to exploit an OS vulnerability. Not something insignificant in my eyes...

This is the story.

Yesterday i was in an internet cafe logged on and when i changed page on the forum, the computer said their was a trojan / worm on the computer so i backed out presuming it may ne the pc...

But todasy in work i logged on using the desktop not my laptop for precaution and the same thing happened!!

A script prompt came up and AVG said there was a trojan it couldnt treat, so i installed avast that i use on my lappy and used ad-ware to remove the Trojan, and downloaded the latest patch from windows.

I logged on again and the same thing happens again except avast wouldnt let it onto the pc and every time i put the trojan into the archive chest and changed page on Neowin it popped up again and each time avast asks me to abort the browsing.

I then deleted all cookies and temp internet files and maxxed all security settings and i am havin sucess as you can see im here!, but every time i change page or refresh here on neowin i hear a blip and a pop up sayin security settings wont allow activex ..

Why is did i get this from neowin??

How incredibly naive you are. Why would neowin send you a worm. It's possible if you're security settingsa re set wrong, but common sense would point to a dodgy IE addin.

Quote: How incredibly naive you are. Why would neowin send you a worm

Because i have it. doh!

I have upped the settings, im not saying Neowin are directly doing, more somthinh like WinMaclin said HACKED!

Why is IE7 Beta 3 letting wmf files open anyway? So much for better security. I was actually pretty impressed with Beta 3 and had starting using it as my main browser, thinking I would be returning to IE. Not anymore though; that's just pathetic. :(

Why is IE7 Beta 3 letting wmf files open anyway? So much for better security. I was actually pretty impressed with Beta 3 and had starting using it as my main browser, thinking I would be returning to IE. Not anymore though; that's just pathetic. :(

You can't JUST blame the browser. Did you download the update released for this vulnerability that has been out since January?