Photos from Safari

...OK so it wasn't really a safari, unless the zoo counts as one.

Anyway have a look at my pics from my Bronx Zoo trip if you have a lil bit of time; you can also leave some feedback if you're Really bored, thx.

Everything shot with Nikon D50 with 70-200 AFS VR

am i the only one who was thinking about the browser :s

anywho, Great photos (Y)

Hahaha, same here.

Awesome pics man, im thinking about getting that same lens here in a bit.

How much post-processing if any?

Almost all photos had SOME post processing. The ones that received the least are the parrots and peacocks; basically just some very mild sharpening. The heaviest were the tigers (to bring out more yellow) and flamingos (to fix highlights and make the background brighter). Photoshop = 1337ness

am i the only one who was thinking about the browser :s

Lol haha

First thought from me was that he wasn't going to have enough Giraffe pictures :(

That was one of the animals I was really looking forward to; but by the time I got to the giraffes they were no where to be found O.o

I plan on going back soon to shoot Lions, Eagles, Bears, and Giraffes.

Edited by peterish

Awesome photos. I had no idea the D50 was such a powerful camera. I'm yearning for the D200, but it's a bit out of my price range. I'll have to take a closer look at the D50 at some point. I'm getting annoyed by my dinky Canon point-and-shoot. Thanks for encouraging me to spend all of my money! :angry:

Remember, a crapy lens on a D2X will likely always make a bad picture compared to a D50/RebelXT with a pro lens!

I read on some mailing lists that some pro leaving their D200 for D50 for many reasons including the weight of the camera but also the picture quality that the D50 offer

...OK so it wasn't really a safari, unless the zoo counts as one.

Anyway have a look at my pics from my Bronx Zoo trip if you have a lil bit of time; you can also leave some feedback if you're Really bored, thx.

Everything shot with Nikon D50 with 70-200 AFS VR

Amazing photos! Is that the lens that retails at about ?1500??:blink::

Amazing photos! Is that the lens that retails at about ?1500??:blink::

Yep yep; that's the one. The one I used was actually a rental; I'll be ordering it for myself as soon as I sell off my arms and legs.