Windows Live Messenger Beta Gift?

anyone got that bag?

yea, it seems a bit odd that since the first blog post that no other testers (including myself) have yet received anything. Supply problems maybe?

I am in manage beta. how long more would it take for it to come to singapore? i want it. i will carry it to school or something. or just put my laptop in.,.. yeah

I thought it was established that it was just a free Winks/Dynamic Display Pic/Backgrounds etc pack? and that only some testers are eligable for it? The laptop bag thing is probally (I think) just one of the prizes given out for the competition MS did towards the end of the beta. Anyway I was a managed Beta tester for WLM and I got squat, just a thank you letter from MS.

The Kung-Fu rabbit stuff was for INVITED beta testers, I don't think there is any way you can ship display pictures and winks by mail...

Apparently @ mess.be theres a program that will let you steal animated pics etc from your contacts,if thats true all I need to do is find an invited beta tester who downloaded the pack then I to can have the pack :shiftyninja:

Apparently @ mess.be theres a program that will let you steal animated pics etc from your contacts,if thats true all I need to do is find an invited beta tester who downloaded the pack then I to can have the pack :shiftyninja:

hahaha ... I doubt anyone is still using the KUNGFU pack they sent, it's just ugly. You deserve more than an ugly KUNGFU pack if you're a tester.

Anyway, has ANYONE receive the bag so far?

No, and somethig tells me that this is fake as if it was true many people would be posting that they have the bag already.

The Kung-Fu rabbit stuff was for INVITED beta testers, I don't think there is any way you can ship display pictures and winks by mail...

Oh ok, well I was an invited Beta tester and I got nothing :( so it couldn't of been all of them then :/ oh well no biggy.

Oh my god, this would be the best gift for me :D. I am hoping to get a laptop this September OMG I wanted a bag since Dell doesnt give one out!

I've always thought that fanatic.net was a European based site. Well I don't mind a laptop bag anything is great really but all my laptops are 17" and I doubt they'd be able to fit in that :p I was really hoping for some sort of webcam or VOIP phone, but I guess MS took a huge lose giving those webcams out to 7/7.5 testers.

I thought it was established that it was just a free Winks/Dynamic Display Pic/Backgrounds etc pack? and that only some testers are eligable for it? The laptop bag thing is probally (I think) just one of the prizes given out for the competition MS did towards the end of the beta. Anyway I was a managed Beta tester for WLM and I got squat, just a thank you letter from MS.

I'm a managed tester (and butterfly), and I still haven't received anything. Mind taking a picture of the letter or copying it out?

I'm a managed tester (and butterfly), and I still haven't received anything. Mind taking a picture of the letter or copying it out?

No worries, here is the body of the email:

Dear Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester,

As we get closer to the final release of Windows Live Messenger 8.0, it is time that the managed beta come to a close. Thank you for all your wonderful contributions to this beta and for putting the voice of the customer into our best version of Messenger yet. Here are few of the many areas where your feedback made a difference:

* Improved sign-in performance. Thanks to your feedback, Windows Live Messenger 8.0 has the fastest sign-in of any version of Messenger.

* New UI and color changing. After many tries, your feedback helped us "get it right."

* Great new features such as Sharing Folders, Offline IM and Live Contacts. You found many great bugs that improved the quality of each of these.

* Overall quality. Your relentless testing and reporting of memory leaks, crashes and UI glitches greatly improved this version of Messenger.

What's next? To start we have closed down the bug form, we will be closing down the newsgroups shortly and we need you to take one final survey(http://connect.microsoft.com/Survey/Survey.aspx?SurveyID=2221&SiteID=50). Additionally, keep on the look out for announcements about new Windows Live Messenger beta programs!

Sincerely,

The Windows Live Messenger Team

I can provide a screenshot of the actual letter for those who might doubt its authenticity, just ask and I'll post it ;)

I can provide a screenshot of the actual letter for those who might doubt its authenticity, just ask and I'll post it ;)

We all got that. Probably best not to call it a "letter", that usually implies a physically addressed to your house item not an email.

I was a managed beta tester but never got that email saying to update my address.

I had my "home address" filled out, but not my shipping address, so basically I get nothing then?

quite possibly you wont unfortunatly.

If it really concerns you it may not be to late to email the msn beta team and ask since nothing seems to have been sent. I wouldnt like my luck but.

I don't see why they would give us a laptop bag, if its just a bag in general then ok, but who says all of us will have a laptop? lol

I guess time will tell, either way I'm happy with whatever it is.

It would be nice if it were this.

WC6_Angle_Silver_FY06.jpg

No worries, here is the body of the email:

Oh, I thought you meant a letter as in the one you get in a mailbox, not an email. I got that email too. ;)

It would be nice if it were this.

snip

Yeah, that would be awsome.

How long did it take for the 7.0 testers to get their gift?