Windows Vista Build 5466 Screenshots

It looks like Microsoft is adding a bit of a blue tint to the borders of windows and gadgets, which looks absolutely horrible. Also, the taskbar looks a bit blue-er than previous builds, which I don't really like either (IMO it looked much better when it was black). This build seems like a step back in terms of the GUI. :/

And I agree with Neowave about the dots and wasted space.

what you are seeing asa bluish taskbar is just the background image the desktop image of the water . cause the taskbar is transparent ya know.

There doesn't seem to be any real consistency in what applications do have a classic menubar on top and which don't. It's something that confuses me the most about Windows Vista. :/

Did anyone notice the Uptime value? http://screenshots.winfuture.de/1152638106.jpg

Is that Vista running for 68,5 years now? I heard about "winfuture", but this is ridiculous. :rofl:

:rofl: That's funny.

It is starting to look a lot better though. It'll be interesting to see what else they do with it before they're done.

what you are seeing asa bluish taskbar is just the background image the desktop image of the water . cause the taskbar is transparent ya know.
Yes, you're right - sorry about that. :blush: In that case, I think Microsoft should allow users to control the transparency level of the taskbar, or have they already done that?

Yes, you're right - sorry about that. :blush: In that case, I think Microsoft should allow users to control the transparency level of the taskbar, or have they already done that?

Adjustable opacity of the entire visual style including taskbar has been a feature for a long while now.

I don't know about the rest of Vista, but Aero is ****ing hideous, seriously. I'm sure people will come up with rad ways to use the theming engine the way they have with XP, but the default theme is horrid. Luna, while still pretty terrible, was at least consistent. The colours matched, the widgets matched, the windows matched, everything was easy to see. Aero is just a bunch of random amateurish garbage that somebody thought looked 'cool' and shoved together into one theme.

Adjustable opacity of the entire visual style including taskbar has been a feature for a long while now.
I knew about adjusting the transparency of windows but I wasn't sure about the taskbar - thanks for that.

That's the basic theme. I was aware of the change in Basic. ;)

I thought you ment Windows Classic (i.e. pre-Windows XP look). So Windows Classic still has the same color scheme it did for the past six years?

haha sorry I misunderstood. I guess MS doesn't really care about classic mode anymore

It's amazing what a light one pixel border can do to polish a theme.

Before:

basicold0uj.th.jpg

After:

basicfixed8ak.th.jpg

I hatehatehate that Aero Basic doesn't have an inner border, there's no clear transition from the border to the window conents except color.

It's not bad, better than before but they still have a long way to go in making this a good os, and for ****s sake get rid of the grey dotted line on ****, we don't need to be reminded of the classic windows days, just use graphics already. Geez when will they learn how to make a proper user interface, take a hint from Apple.

I really hope they fix the non aero gui, looks really bad, and I expect many are going to be using that too. Why can't they center the titlebar buttons, like geez wtf is wrong with these designers :pinch:

Ah well, like I said getting better, anyone else notice the lack of start button on the aero express theme?

I did not even know what you were talking about. I saw no dotted line, until someone above pointed it out.

Even after that I only saw it on the help dialog and no where else.

Really does it matter to have that? I mean picky. Some of you people are nuts. Oh no! The gui is no good because it has something so small that most people won't even notice!

Sometimes you should just be greatfull for what you have.

Yeah, the turquoise borders are not that great. Other than that, not bad, taking into consideration that it's Windows! But if they really want a better window switching method, use the one OSX uses, LOL! :D

I did not even know what you were talking about. I saw no dotted line, until someone above pointed it out.

Even after that I only saw it on the help dialog and no where else.

Really does it matter to have that? I mean picky. Some of you people are nuts. Oh no! The gui is no good because it has something so small that most people won't even notice!

Sometimes you should just be greatfull for what you have.

It's very noticable on the desktop icons but will have gone in the final.

Yeah, the turquoise borders are not that great. Other than that, not bad, taking into consideration that it's Windows! But if they really want a better window switching method, use the one OSX uses, LOL! :D

I agree the Turquoise has to go i hope they take it out or make it an option.

flip3d and expose both have their strenghts and weaknesses.

I doubt Microsoft will put expose in vista but someone else will(there are atleast 3 expose programs for XP)

does anyone know the purpose of the Turquoise borders?

I'm not gonna even look at Vista until the following happens in my sig! :)

now that looks really cool....

Though i wouldnt want it as the Aero glass. but Wouldnt mind it being in the buttons....

by the way, does this bulid still have the old windows 98 skin? I know beta 2 does and I must say.... WHY? I would rather have the Windows 2000 look then 98. did they even have the 98 skin in 2000?

Aero is geting better. and I must say its one of the best skins ever.

all it needs is a bit of work. Then it will be perfect... ;)

Edited by cool_chris_1990

I'm not gonna even look at Vista until the following happens in my sig! :)

Are you referring to the design or the ability to scale the UI to any size? The ability to resize the UI freely was one of the things I was most looking forward too... sadly it was one of the features cut. :angry:

Are you referring to the design or the ability to scale the UI to any size? The ability to resize the UI freely was one of the things I was most looking forward too... sadly it was one of the features cut. :angry:

I was wondering what happen to that. I remember watching a pre BETA 1 bulid video. ( I think it was Win hec 2005 ) anyway, I remember them talking about that.

to bad, that would have been great. :no:

at least the icon resizer is still there. :p

btw, the icons can be resized by pressing ctrl and scrolling your mouse whell.