Various Motorcycle Shots

I made this post for another forum, and yall might have seen these before but I figured I would post them anyway..

Brother, tri-oval at Daytona (AHRMA)

richard31zo.jpg

Brother, last lap @ Daytona, I missed the checkerd flag:(

richard54cs.jpg

Rob got edged out of 3rd by Filice at the line

rob10kw.jpg

Rob leading through the International Horseshoe @daytona

rob37mk.jpg

Rob and Tim at Barber a while back, first time with camera for me

rob1edited9xt.jpg

backinitinedited5hw.jpg

guzzi15ni.jpg

All shot with old petri TTL manual SLR, saving for dslr still..

Pretty goods pics, all are focused + sharp. If Buying film + developing the pics weren't so expensive, i'd still use good ol' slr, good choice on the dslr move. What camera you planning to get?

Edit: ooooh that last shot is pretty awesome, pretty good close up!

Edited by maudit

Thanks for the comments;

I plan on getting a new 350d or a used 10d. I have even thought about getting a cheap canon film SLR and getting a 70-200mm F/4L and getting a better body later. But we will see.

Pretty goods pics, all are focused + sharp.

No offense mate but you must have been looking at different pictures to me, they are blurry and out of focus unfortunately, except for the last one, obviously.

Not perfectly in focus? Right (Manual focus + sports = bitch). Sharp? Nope, but what can you expect from ~30 year old stuff. Blury? Not really, blury is that flag man in the pictures.

But thats just what I think.

No offense mate but you must have been looking at different pictures to me, they are blurry and out of focus unfortunately, except for the last one, obviously.

:rofl: Non taken :)

Not perfectly in focus? Right (Manual focus + sports = bitch). Sharp? Nope, but what can you expect from ~30 year old stuff. Blury? Not really, blury is that flag man in the pictures.

But thats just what I think.

Just as Dallas points out, it's a matter of perception, you say they're out of focus + blurry, for the type of shot i'd say they're fine, again, that's how I see them. In any case it just helps us newbies to make a better concept of blurry and focus, so it's all good :yes: