differences between chimera, mozilla, and netscape 7

since im getting my mac in a month, ive never used any browser on osx except ie, i was wondering what the differences are between mozilla, netscape 7, and chimera, im always hearing good things about chimera, what kind of features does chimera have, and is mozilla any good on osx?

most ppl who i know prefer chimera over every other browser, but there was a poll about mac browser preference on a different site n a large majority prefered ie...hmm...ms sux at coding ie for windows, and even worse at ie for mac...i always thought ie 5 for mac was the fastest browser for mac, but then i tried out mozilla and i was wrong lol (os9)

Well, most people choose Chimera because it has a native OSX Cocoa GUI, which Mozilla does not, thus it suits OSX better, and the GUI is a little faster too I guess. Differences between Mozilla and NS7 I don't really know about, since I haven't tried NS7 (I have no reason to :)).

And yes. IE for Mac is painfully slow. Only reason for using it is for Flash-heavy sites. They run better in IE than both OmniWeb and Chimera (don't know about Moz/NS).

BTW, a tip for those who use Chimera: A nice little feature has been added in one of the latest nightly builds; Click the favicon in the address bar, and all the text in the address bar will become selected. A nice touch imo.