Select the best club team in history:  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best ever team?

• Liverpool 1977-1978(Paisley era)
    • Milan 1989-1990(Sacchi era)
    • Juventus 1996(Lippi era)
    • Ajax 1995(Van gaal era)
    • Inter 1964-1965(Herrera era)
    • Bayern Munich 1974-1976(with Beckenbauer)
    • Ajax 1971-1973(Rinus Michels era)
    • Real Madrid 1956-1960(with Puskas and de stefano)
    • Benfica 1961-1962(with Eusebio)
    • Real Madrid 2002(Del bosque era)

umm.. you should say soccer, because there is american football, which confused me.

i don't have a clue who to vote for.. the only name i know is liverpool, but i dislike the english, so i can't vote for them.. also wtf is with the dates! who remembers this stuff? "Ajax 1971-1973(Rinus Michels era)"

1971??? that was 14 years before i was born LOL

You need to add another option for Liverpool under the Bill Shankley era.

But I voted for Liverpool simply because they are my favourite club, they are the most successful club in England and have the most passionate fans in the world ;).

Oh, and Bob Paisley won the European Cup twice for Liverpool as well.

that milan was great, they destroyed the rest of the teams

the trouble with italian club football now is that people will forever be wondering if matches are influenced in some way.

Its a real shame that the actions of a few power crazed individuals can taint the reputation of a whole nations sport.

Personally, i think there could have been no better team than Aston Villa 82-83

European Cup Winners: 1982,

European Super Cup Winners: 1982-83

then again, I'am a biased villa fan myself.

01026559271700.gif

as a milan fan i'm obviously going to pick milan.. not just 89-90, but from 89 to 95 (7 seasons), they went to the champs league final 5 times, winning it on 3 of those occasions. not to mention the scudetti and european supercups,intercontinental cups that they won

Although I am not a fan of Man United by any means, Their dominance in the 90's should give them a spot on that poll.

Although I am not a fan of Man United by any means, Their dominance in the 90's should give them a spot on that poll.

European dominance is seen to be more important than domestic dominance, hence Man Utd not being in the poll.

umm.. you should say soccer, because there is american football, which confused me.

The game is Football.

Football was around a few hundred years before American football.

American football is played with the hands not the feet so call it American handball.

You missed out Arsenal 'The Chapman era'.

well even if i was born b4 1956 for this poll i would still say liverpool one is the bestest team :):)

The game is Football.

Football was around a few hundred years before American football.

American football is played with the hands not the feet so call it American handball.

You missed out Arsenal 'The Chapman era'.

well football is a generalised term used for any sport which involves kicking with feet though doesnt necessarly have to revolve around use of feet.....thus in many other countries it is called soccer :)

in aus football includes: rugby league, rugby union, soccer, aussie rules.....

well even if i was born b4 1956 for this poll i would still say liverpool one is the bestest team :):)

well football is a generalised term used for any sport which involves kicking with feet though doesnt necessarly have to revolve around use of feet.....thus in many other countries it is called soccer :)

in aus football includes: rugby league, rugby union, soccer, aussie rules.....

No s.o.c.c.e.r. is the acronym.

It's for all the football federations around the world.

So nuh.

Rugby was invented at Rugby Public school, one day the boys were playing Football and one decided to pick up the ball and run with it rather than kick it, hence Rugby codes were created.

So nuh again.

oh yeah - so what do the letters of this acronym stand for then?

soccer comes from association football.

yanks...

soccer [s?kər]

noun

See football n.1

[Late 19th century. Formed from Assoc. , an abbreviation of Association football , because it was played under the rules of the Football Association, as opposed to ?Rugby football?.]

There you go.