apple or creative?

Apple.. if your a trendy sort of person that only cares what MTV likes. :no:

Yes...and that's why MTV/VH1/CMT has partnered with Microsoft for their URGE "PlaysForSure" music service. I hate people who say ridiculously ridiculous things.

And also, I must say that I don't understand why people say that the Apple iPod is more expensive... When you compare them to any semi-respectable brand (aka: not some bulldink no name rebadged thing at Walmart), then a player of the same memory technology and screen size/features will be nearly the same price. Think Creative Zen Vision:M and the iPod with video, Samsung Z5/Sansa e200 series and the iPod nano, ect ect.

Generally, I'd say the iPod interface is significantly better than nearly all others and that, for many people matters. It's not that it's "easier to use" meaning that if you know your way around technology, it's a piece of cake, it's that most others are clunky, inefficient and require too much input from the user to do something. I currently have a gigabeat S and think the PMC software is actually better than that from the iPod, but not by much.

Lastly, why does the OP need so many gosh-darned topics for himself on one subject that could have been answered in his freaking original thread from God knows how long ago...

Yes...and that's why MTV/VH1/CMT has partnered with Microsoft for their URGE "PlaysForSure" music service. I hate people who say ridiculously ridiculous things.

He was talking about trying to be trendy and popular not that MTV partnered with Microsoft.

Personaly I have a Vision M and prefer it over an iPod. A big plus for me is that I can record TV and put it on my MP3 player.

IMHO Creative is better.

But if you like iTunes, don't use napster / MSN music etc, only want to listen to music (aka, don't want radio etc) then get an iPod.

But if you don't like iTunes (or prefer WMP etc), use (or would like to use) napster etc, would like the extras like the radio, then creative is the best bet for you.

creative all the way, they offer better value for money, and their stuff is built to a better quiality, and they have more experience than apple (esp in the sounds/speaker areas)

I've got one of the older Creative Zen Touch's. People who where living in the same halls as me said it was far nicer/better sound quality than the new iPod they had. Mine supports a folder structure once I added the PlaysForSure firmware update.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason the iPod is so popular is because it is made by Apple. It has good design and what not, but Creative makes better MP3 players. It's just cool to have an iPod, so that's why they're more popular.

That is just stupid. It's funny how so mainstream that idea has become now. Everyone other kid with a creative goes around saying the same thing, it's not even funny anymore. Totally a clueless thing to say.

Creative might have more features and whatnot, but the quality and the build of the player simply does not match the iPod's. The iPod's interface and the GUI is simply superior and a lot more userfriendly to that of Creatives. Apple has stuck with one same rewarding interface, the scrollwheel, and doesn't ever have to change that idea too much, since it has been worknig great.. and all the others have been tryingto immitate it, unsuccessfully ofcourse. While Creative can't seem to makeup their minds about what kind of interface they should go with as a new version of their players come out, this alerady shows unsureness on their part about their interface design, while Apple has a strong and a fixed idea about their interface.

Also, just because your creative players do not crash, does not mean my iPod does, I never had it crash so far, not once in the 4 months I've owned it.

The player design isn't why i go for the iPod, thanks. I go for an iPod over a Creative because of the ease of the quality of the player itself along with the userfriendliness it provides, which is superb, so much that I value it more than the extra perks the Creative players provide (many of which I dont think I'd use). Plus, one more reason to have an iPod, for me atleast, is Rockbox - Http://www.rockbox.org.

I think if Creative would have spent some money into some more effective advertizing like apple has done it would've been more successful. Alot of people i ran into never even heard of the zen, but know about the iPod.

I seem to be one of the few that really likes iTunes, the music store, and how it organizes my music library (God knows I couldn't do it myself), I'll go with iPod. Sure, Creative may have more features, better sound quality, and more, but you just can't beat the simplicity of iPod + iTunes.

The iPod's interface and the GUI is simply superior and a lot more userfriendly to that of Creatives. Apple has stuck with one same rewarding interface, the scrollwheel, and doesn't ever have to change that idea too much, since it has been worknig great.. and all the others have been tryingto immitate it, unsuccessfully ofcourse. While Creative can't seem to makeup their minds about what kind of interface they should go with as a new version of their players come out, this alerady shows unsureness on their part about their interface design, while Apple has a strong and a fixed idea about their interface.

Also, just because your creative players do not crash, does not mean my iPod does, I never had it crash so far, not once in the 4 months I've owned it.

Http://www.rockbox.org.

dude just in case u dindt know apple stole creatives ui and is bein sued for that :D

And so did Creative, and they WERE being sued for it but all of that got no where. No matter what anyone says, i dont care if its your opinion, but Creative simply make BETTER MP3 players than Apple, fact, yes fact.

Actually, I just got my Creative Vision:M and the screen quality is amazing. The files sync up pretty fast too. I put an episode of South Park and it took literally 10 seconds. It takes about 1-2 seconds to transfer a song. Amazing speed.

Creative also has its sound products behind it, X-Fi and Audigy, so that means better sound quality.

Creative FTW.

And so did Creative, and they WERE being sued for it but all of that got no where. No matter what anyone says, i dont care if its your opinion, but Creative simply make BETTER MP3 players than Apple, fact, yes fact.

And what makes that fact, rather than just your opinion?

And what makes that fact, rather than just your opinion?

Specifications of each current player, in this case, iPod Video - Creative ZVM

Emm... Rockbox for the H300 > all

As someone quoted...

More Features/Quality: Creative

Better Looking/Design: Apple

... is pretty much true.

I think if Creative would have spent some money into some more effective advertizing like apple has done it would've been more successful. Alot of people i ran into never even heard of the zen, but know about the iPod.

It would be a waste of money, as for any company, they know it wont make a big difference in the real world to people we see everyday with iPods. The only way another company will dominate via advertising is when the iPod dies out. Its the way of media, every product has a shelf life, the iPod wont be dominating forever. I have studied the iPod countless of times in my media class, and look, its involved in education, why? because it is a great example of marketing, if we turned things around and had the iPod hardly advertised like all other brands, it would do bad, extremely bad, because the player itself, technically, is by far under par compared to creative, iriver, sony etc and sadly when people see something all over the TV and internet, they assume its a great product and dont look else where, why would they? they are being sucked into thinking iPods are the only brand to care about. Im 100% sure that doesnt effect any of us, because we know our stuff, but sadly alot of people with iPods dont.

Many people on neowin love the design, and is one of the reasons why they get it, its simple, fair enough, but most people dont think that, they just see it everywhere and assume its good and will do everything it wants.

It would be a waste of money, as for any company, they know it wont make a big difference in the real world to people we see everyday with iPods. The only way another company will dominate via advertising is when the iPod dies out. Its the way of media, every product has a shelf life, the iPod wont be dominating forever. I have studied the iPod countless of times in my media class, and look, its involved in education, why? because it is a great example of marketing, if we turned things around and had the iPod hardly advertised like all other brands, it would do bad, extremely bad, because the player itself, technically, is by far under par compared to creative, iriver, sony etc and sadly when people see something all over the TV and internet, they assume its a great product and dont look else where, why would they? they are being sucked into thinking iPods are the only brand to care about. Im 100% sure that doesnt effect any of us, because we know our stuff, but sadly alot of people with iPods dont.

Many people on neowin love the design, and is one of the reasons why they get it, its simple, fair enough, but most people dont think that, they just see it everywhere and assume its good and will do everything it wants.

wow ur right 100%. also ur right too that creative just makes better mp3 players, i have a thoery,, well if peole cared more about specs than looks, would creative dominate the market and would the ipod be a fialure?

of course, but the iPod would be different if that was the case, its just who ever impacts the market first and hard sets the trend, in this case, looks and most peoples mind is set to that, but if some how that got changed, which it wont, brands like Creative and iRiver will be fighting for first place and not second.

• 1.apple
  • 2.creative

which has better mp3 players?

I prefer iPod, but that's just me. Most of my music is .mp3, and I find both iPod and iTunes very simple to use. Also, I like how there are just three iPod models. Not that Creative doesn't make good products, but they have so many MP3 players, I'd never know where to start.

Not really Dry, if you look on their site they only display the Vision, Vision:m, Zen V and Nano; hard decision, right? Ones a PMP, Ones and semi-pmp and two are flash players. Man.. where to start ;)

Just don't click "view all mp3 players." I know it's tempting, but usually not necessary because none of them are sold in stores anymore! (ZMP is the exception, currently in the process of being cleaned out)

Not really Dry, if you look on their site they only display the Vision, Vision:m, Zen V and Nano; hard decision, right? Ones a PMP, Ones and semi-pmp and two are flash players. Man.. where to start ;)

Just don't click "view all mp3 players." I know it's tempting, but usually not necessary because none of them are sold in stores anymore! (ZMP is the exception, currently in the process of being cleaned out)

wait the zmp id being cleaned out i dont get it? are they gonna clean out the sleek photo too?