DC Sniper shootings

modem

Has anyone been paying attention to this on the news? How about the Neowinian's who live in the Northern Virginia/Maryland area?

Sub

Enlighten us? What the hell is going on!?!?!

Malechai

sub my friend..did someone take a dump in your cornflakes this morning? lol :D

Nichotin

yeah about that case.. one racist in sweeden shot 8 pakistanees there. he sniped em with laser sights. after 8 kills, he stopped, and never got busted.

what have this world come to?

Mac_Bug
sub my friend..did someone take a dump in your cornflakes this morning? lol

You mean he doesn't use chocolate milk? :p

Lewkwarm

i live in harford county, maryland, which is about 35-40 miles east of baltimore. i used to live in howard county, which was right in the middle of all these killings.

when the 9/11 attacks happened, i was shocked and everything, but i wasn't scared. when the anthrax mailings happened, i wasn't scared. but this is scaring me cause these killers are just targeting regular people doing everyday tasks like getting gas, or shopping for groceries. i'm scared that someone i know or even myself might be killed tomorrow.

modem
Originally posted by JustinSaneLBS

i live in harford county, maryland, which is about 35-40 miles east of baltimore. i used to live in howard county, which was right in the middle of all these killings.

when the 9/11 attacks happened, i was shocked and everything, but i wasn't scared. when the anthrax mailings happened, i wasn't scared. but this is scaring me cause these killers are just targeting regular people doing everyday tasks like getting gas, or shopping for groceries. i'm scared that someone i know or even myself might be killed tomorrow.

I know what you mean. The two attacks down in Fredricksburg strike sort of close to home. When me and friends goto Kings Dominion for a day we always stop at Fredricksburg at KFC or any restraunt to get something to eat and some gas. So I've driven through there a ton of times and that has a personal edge to it for me.

Yvo

It is horrible.

I am on the other side of the country but this is horrible. I hope they find the *******(s). Especially with the fear that copy cats my happen due to this.

Glowstick

Sniper: "Dear Policeman, I am God!"

Policeman: "Dear Sniper, I am atheist! ...you're going down!"

modem
Originally posted by Yvo

It is horrible.

I am on the other side of the country but this is horrible. I hope they find the *******(s). Especially with the fear that copy cats my happen due to this.

You know what the scariest thing is if you think about all of this? Is what the sniper is doing is actually really easy. Anyone can get a .223 caliber hunting rifle with scope. Heck I have one here at home that I use for deer hunting. Then scout out a targeted area ahead of time for a getaway route. Show up on the planned day, sit inside of the vehicle with just the barrel slightly sticking out, fire, and drive off slowly with common sense. By the time the victims and the local people realize what has happened and stabailize the victim the shooter is loong gone. Unfortunately this could be a crime that he/she could possibly never be caught for if they stop now or even continue.

One thing I wonder about, with as much taunting that this shooter is doing towards police, I'm wondering if one of the next few victims might actually be a on duty police officer.

modem

Btw don't mind me, I had criminal psychology in college. :)

Hypercube
Originally posted by modem

You know what the scariest thing is if you think about all of this? Is what the sniper is doing is actually really easy. Anyone can get a .223 caliber hunting rifle with scope. Heck I have one here at home that I use for deer hunting. Then scout out a targeted area ahead of time for a getaway route. Show up on the planned day, sit inside of the vehicle with just the barrel slightly sticking out, fire, and drive off slowly with common sense. By the time the victims and the local people realize what has happened and stabailize the victim the shooter is loong gone. Unfortunately this could be a crime that he/she could possibly never be caught for if they stop now or even continue.

One thing I wonder about, with as much taunting that this shooter is doing towards police, I'm wondering if one of the next few victims might actually be a on duty police officer.

Possibily, at the most recent shooting, a fedral officer (state trooper) was only 50 meters away :(

modem

I know. If you think about it, the police last week said school children were safe. Then the sniper tries to take out a student, then yesterdays shooting yards away from a state trooper. It wouldn't surprise me if a trooper was next on the target list.

Hypercube
Originally posted by modem

I know. If you think about it, the police last week said school children were safe. Then the sniper tries to take out a student, then yesterdays shooting yards away from a state trooper. It wouldn't surprise me if a trooper was next on the target list.

I think he is following what the police are saying :(

Ravager

Yea. That sniper is one sick mofo. I mean, he tried to kill a 13 year old kid!

I hope he faces the death penalty. I'm not surprised if he WOULD be given the death penalty seeing what he has done.

modem
Originally posted by Ravager

Yea. That sniper is one sick mofo. I mean, he tried to kill a 13 year old kid!

I hope he faces the death penalty. I'm not surprised if he WOULD be given the death penalty seeing what he has done.

What ever happened to those good ole days where the punishment you got was what you did? I say string this guy up snip his fingers off, then a arm and leg, blow his balls from here to 2020 and then finally blow his head off. Let him suffer a bit I say.

Yvo

Some laws that prevents or helps the psycho.

What ever happened to those good ole days where the punishment you got was what you did? I say string this guy up snip his fingers off, then a arm and leg, blow his balls from here to 2020 and then finally blow his head off. Let him suffer a bit I say.
Amendments of the Constitution - Article VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Anyone can get a .223 caliber hunting rifle with scope.

Amendments of the Constitution - Article II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I really hope that they catch this guy or gal. Also the District of Columbia (aka Washington DC) does not have the death penalty

States & Districts w/o death penalty

If (s)he gets caught in Maryland however and doesn't get transferred to D.C then (s)he might get the death penalty

Hate to play devils advocate.

I hope that the media stops relaying all the information on national tv... these days these psychos have all the information on how the authorities are tracking them in a keyboard's distance away.

neo1980

he is called a sniper, not a terrorist, i wonder if it turns out to be an arab the media will call him a terrorist and if hes a native, he will be called a sniper, how ironic:rolleyes:

Jerichohol
Originally posted by neo1980

he is called a sniper, not a terrorist, i wonder if it turns out to be an arab the media will call him a terrorist and if hes a native, he will be called a sniper, how ironic:rolleyes:

LOL, its sad BUT true :ermm:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/edit...itorial/1610669

Here is a link to an article. I like how they say:

this shooter probably lives in a fantasy world that has less kinship to reality than his favorite ultraviolent video game

:ponder: