New Nikon D70 dSLR Within 20 Days?

It's a shame cause I held out for this as long as I could but I go away in 5 days. I ended up buying a D70s but I could switch out to whatever this turns out to be (D80?) after I get back in a month.

It's a shame cause I held out for this as long as I could but I go away in 5 days. I ended up buying a D70s but I could switch out to whatever this turns out to be (D80?) after I get back in a month.

here's to hoping it uses SD cards!

the D80 tag would be sweet as I already use an F80 ;)

I would guess so. I know Nikon will release something in August. A D50 replacement (maybe D60) and a D70s replacement (maybe D80)

Some ppl says the D50 replacement will be smaller, something like Canon RebelXT size. Others are saying it will be between D50 and D70s.

The only thing I know is the D70s replacement will probably be 10MP. Probably the same sensor as D200 has.

I would guess so. I know Nikon will release something in August. A D50 replacement (maybe D60) and a D70s replacement (maybe D80)

Some ppl says the D50 replacement will be smaller, something like Canon RebelXT size. Others are saying it will be between D50 and D70s.

The only thing I know is the D70s replacement will probably be 10MP. Probably the same sensor as D200 has.

10mp indeed

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0607/06072001...ndslrteaser.asp

Of course it's the D200 sensor. With the Sony A100 coming out, someone has to step in and prevent sony from stealing the show.

The A100 probably hits the sweet spot for everyone with their low pricing.

I got a D200 recently and the thing is awesome. If this new one actually has the same resolution as the D200 its very tempting. Probably going to have that cheap plastic body like the other low end Nikon digital stuff...

I got a D200 recently and the thing is awesome. If this new one actually has the same resolution as the D200 its very tempting. Probably going to have that cheap plastic body like the other low end Nikon digital stuff...

That plastic is there to conserve weight. I haven't heard of anybody breaking their plastic bodies, I know my F80's gotten some pretty nasty hits and hasn't cracked or broken yet (hell, it has barely even scratched)