Microsoft "Zune" Viral Marketing Website

Looks like the bald dude is molesting the bunny :huh:

That's the message they're sending. If you like molesting rabbits, you'll love zune. It's similar to the "If you like shopping here, you'll love working here" concept.

whats with the double negative?

I guess English isn't your first language? It's a pretty common phrase.

MS shouldn't try to copy Apple's iPod/iTunes approach.

They probably should... It's been the most successful by far.

Many have tried and failed

I don't recall very many major competitors stepping up with an entire solution to compete with the iPod/iTunes/Music store combo. It seems like most end up supporting playsforsure, have their own software too, and definately don't have their own music store to go with it. It's all just a jumble, not near the integration Apple offers.

Oh and what's the deal with the code? To me it just looks like they're using that guy's method for customizing radio/checkboxes... Or am I missing something?

Calling the Zune an "iPod killer" is like calling a Mac a "PC killer." It's ridiculous. Also, could they have come up with a more annoying name than "Zune?" What kind of ****ing zoo animal is running Microsoft these days?

Microsoft is like your boss at work that tries to be cool and fails miserably. He starts using phrases that were "in" over 2 years ago and in any case he's too old to be saying anyway. But nobody has the guts to tell him that he really isn't cool and he needs to shut the hell up.

Like my boss. He says "tight" all the time. It's sad.

That's how Microsoft has been lately with their marketing and product strategies.

Microsoft is like your boss at work that tries to be cool and fails miserably. He starts using phrases that were "in" over 2 years ago and in any case he's too old to be saying anyway. But nobody has the guts to tell him that he really isn't cool and he needs to shut the hell up.

That's how Microsoft has been lately with their marketing and product strategies.

You put into words what I could not, and you did so perfectly.

Microsoft is always a day late when it comes to what is "cool", hence they are playing a perpetual game of catch-up, or just throwing money around.

Great analogy :D

Exactly, which is why this isn't going to work. The iPod is in our dictionary, and that's something *very* hard to break. Sony had the Walkman brand for so many years as a result. It's the same reason why people still use Google so much. Microsoft's old tactics of finding an existing market, swooping in to develop new things faster, and taking over aren't going to work this time around. It's not working with Google, it's not going to work with the iPod. They've only gotten lucky with the XBox 360 because Sony is digging their own grave...

so many haters. you all cry worse then 2 10cent hookers sharing a corner.

i hope ms doesnt copy ipod / itunes. the only reason im gonna buy this is if its nothing like that crap.

Microsoft need to hire a whole new marketing department.

money well spent on softwares, yet? I think MS is acting like great britain in its colonial times and Apple and google are the new America in technology. Ms has to be friendly to its rival for its own survival.

It reminds me of those whack-ass PSP ads with the squirrels and the hairballs. I hope they reconsider on the name or maybe go back to the project name "Argo."

Yeah, "Argo" actually sounds better. This happens all the time with MS products, sadly.

I was hoping they'd just go for "XPod" =)

That's the worst attempt at marketing I think I've ever seen. :no:

Microsoft are missing the point here: the iPod is so popular because people think it's hip and cool to have one - if Microsoft do stuff like this (creating marketing that looks like it's directed at preschoolers), how can they possibly expect to generate any sort of reasonable competition? Have they learnt nothing from Luna?

That's the worst attempt at marketing I think I've ever seen. :no:

Microsoft are missing the point here: the iPod is so popular because people think it's hip and cool to have one - if Microsoft do stuff like this (creating marketing that looks like it's directed at preschoolers), how can they possibly expect to generate any sort of reasonable competition? Have they learnt nothing from Luna?

Of course, we would expect a balanced and objective comment about this from you, Matt.

Oh, wait - what is that silver-looking object in your Avatar....is that...an....Apple?

:whistle:

--ScottKin

Contact Information

Microsoft welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mail at privacy@comingzune.com or via postal mail at the address provided below, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.

Inviso Corp.

Zune Privacy

1751 Curtner Ave.

San Jose, CA 95124

This is from the privacy statement of comingzune.com - who the hell is inviso corp?

And this doesnt list Zune

Of course, we would expect a balanced and objective comment about this from you, Matt.

Oh, wait - what is that silver-looking object in your Avatar....is that...an....Apple?

--ScottKin

What has my avatar got to do with anything? I wasn't flaming, I wasn't being a fanboy, I was posting constructive criticism. Read the rest of the thread - there are plenty of people without Apple logo's in their avatars who are criticising this website. If Microsoft had published something worth liking, I would like it. :|

Don't worry, Zune is going to take over the MP3 industry, because an iPod can't even wirelessly download music and videos, and it might even hold way more than an iPod, Microsoft might contact a hard drive company like Seagate to have better storage! You know, they have brains too you know, they probably used the iPod, they know what its made out of, and they'll probably make something way better!

How is Zune so annoying? Xpod, eww, that is such a copy off of Apple! What is with you people hating Microsoft?

--ScottKin

Grow up, man. Sarcasm only makes you look like an idiot. Let others state their opinions, eh? Let's try not making personal attacks. Check over the Neowin forum rules again, okay? You're normally pretty cool...don't start being like the other losers who bring down these forums.

This marketing video is stirring up discussion...remember...there's no such thing as bad publicity. ;)

Why isn't anybody talking about:

* Microsoft will buy your way out of iTunes in order to convert you to a Zune user.

Does this mean what I think it means...