Microsoft "Zune" Viral Marketing Website

How can you dislike Regina Spektor! Her music is astounding, and this nicely drawn simple animation really goes well with it.

You people need to broaden the mind! Accept this as the title suggest (Viral).

How can you dislike Regina Spektor! Her music is astounding, and this nicely drawn simple animation really goes well with it.

You people need to broaden the mind! Accept this as the title suggest (Viral).

Viral marketing...by creating buzz over how stupid something is? Doesn't seem logical, but I guess negative attention is better than none.

I think you all guys bashing Microsoft are failling to see which people is Microsoft aiming at. I mean sure, everyone here is a guru (:rolleyes:) so this campaign is probably stupid or absurd for you, but you won't believe how much people (normal people) like this kind of adds. So stop the bull, it's no news this place is full of Microsoft haters and that's becoming freaking old.

DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT.

Microsoft is like your boss at work that tries to be cool and fails miserably. He starts using phrases that were "in" over 2 years ago and in any case he's too old to be saying anyway. But nobody has the guts to tell him that he really isn't cool and he needs to shut the hell up.

Like my boss. He says "tight" all the time. It's sad.

That's how Microsoft has been lately with their marketing and product strategies.

Couldn't have said it better, lol. I mean MS does some good stuff, and they have a place because with out them, Apple wouldn't have had any motivation to make a good OS, and stuff like that. But really, MS just needs to stick with what they are known for, software. Apple has an excuse, they are a hardware company, but MS is now going out of their way to try and control another market. I for one hope Apple stays on top, it at least mixes things up a little bit.

I think you all guys bashing Microsoft are failling to see which people is Microsoft aiming at. I mean sure, everyone here is a guru (:rolleyes:) so this campaign is probably stupid or absurd for you, but you won't believe how much people (normal people) like this kind of adds. So stop the bull, it's no news this place is full of Microsoft haters and that's becoming freaking old.

DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT.

Bingo!

Remember the IBM server commercials... 'yawn'. They were for IT folks not normal people (but i think the IT people were 'yawn' also). You have to aim the ads at certain people . Throw in some WB smallville star in the ad and well you can see they are going for the teens and above.

The comingzune.com video worked perfectly...

Were taking about it still...57 replys almost 2,000 views to this thread alone.

Fact alone is were TALKING...That's all Microsoft wants, buzz.

The perfect tool for possibly 'defeating' the iPod is hype and buzz. Even if Zune is a complete waste of money and defective the day it releases...Buzz and hype alone will drive it to sell no matter what.

Whether your complaining about this video or loving it, point is were still talking, analyzing Zune concepts, marketing devices, and giving our opinions.

Don't worry, Zune is going to take over the MP3 industry, because an iPod can't even wirelessly download music and videos, and it might even hold way more than an iPod, Microsoft might contact a hard drive company like Seagate to have better storage! You know, they have brains too you know, they probably used the iPod, they know what its made out of, and they'll probably make something way better!

The next gen iPod Apple is making will supposedly have wireless as well. It's only natural, the next step in evolution for the iPod. It's about as predictable as the day the Video iPod was announced (Music, Photo...Gee then what??!?! lol).

Rumor says Microsoft is releasing 2, maybe even 3 portable devices. "Zune", A project codenamed "Pyxis" which is beleved to be an iPod Nano-esk player, and the possible Xbox Portable device. Think about it, the frontline iPods now are the Nano and Video. It took evolution from the iPod 1st gen, through the 4th for it to be a complete media player. The iPod mini was experimentation for a smaller iPod which eventually evolved into the Nano.

It's only logical that Microsoft looks at Apples history with the iPod and narrows it down the two best mp3 player devices, the 5th Gen and the Nano. It would also cover both bases against Apple (The cheaper small size iPod base, and the expensive larger media player iPod).

Don't worry, Zune is going to take over the MP3 industry, because an iPod can't even wirelessly download music and videos, and it might even hold way more than an iPod, Microsoft might contact a hard drive company like Seagate to have better storage! You know, they have brains too you know, they probably used the iPod, they know what its made out of, and they'll probably make something way better!
Actually, wireless features have been rumoured for the iPod for quite some time - Apple probably haven't incorporated any wireless features in the iPod yet because there was no need to. Now with Zune, which sounds like it will be the first decent competitor for the iPod, Apple will start giving the iPod new features to compete. Also, why would anybody need "better storage", and what do you mean by "they probably used the iPod, they know what its made out of, and they'll probably make something way better!"?

Watched this again. Sorta reminds me of Steve Balmer (big ugly bald guy) and Bill Gates (scrawny little thing) molesting a rabbit. Probably unintentional, but...

Contact Information

Microsoft welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mail at privacy@comingzune.com or via postal mail at the address provided below, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.

Inviso Corp.

Zune Privacy

1751 Curtner Ave.

San Jose, CA 95124

This is from the privacy statement of comingzune.com - who the hell is inviso corp?

And this doesnt list Zune

Inviso Corp is the company that does surveys, and data collection for microsoft.

They collect the privacy information, sort it, process it and send data to MS :)

Chris

I didn't realise a "PSP" killer was needed. A) I thought the DS/Lite was doing that just fine. B) I thought the PSP was dead anyway. Committed suicide I thought because it was crap. Blu Ray, ha!

Bingo!

Remember the IBM server commercials... 'yawn'. They were for IT folks not normal people (but i think the IT people were 'yawn' also). You have to aim the ads at certain people . Throw in some WB smallville star in the ad and well you can see they are going for the teens and above.

I LOVED the IBM server commercials. The ones with Avery Brooks----Sisko from DS9. :D AWESOME.