Anyone have the Canon SD700 IS? Comments please

Just picked one up from Best Buy today. After all the coupons/discounts, I managed to get it for $350 with tax :) Anyway, I'm looking for opinions on the camera so far. Camera is still sealed in box but I'm a bit hesitant to open it up as Best Buy charges a 15% restocking fee. Any real negatives I should be concerned about?

none from me, im loving it! in my opinion its one of the best point and shoot cameras ever...only thing is that it scratches very easily :( , so you have to take good care of it and there is no battery meter, but i havent had a problem so far

none from me, im loving it! in my opinion its one of the best point and shoot cameras ever...only thing is that it scratches very easily :( , so you have to take good care of it and there is no battery meter, but i havent had a problem so far

No battery meter? Seems pretty silly to leave that out but I think I manage without that. I guess I'll just have to carry around a second battery just in case :)

I'll keep that in mind about the scratches. I'll probably order a case right away

I'm waiting for my SD700 IS to come.

Canons don't have a progressive battery meter. Instead, a low battery warning will show up when the battery is low, and when it comes on, I hear you have a couple of shots left before it dies.

I also heard it scratches easily. I'm looking to get Canon's PSC-55 case for it.

Just picked one up from Best Buy today. After all the coupons/discounts, I managed to get it for $350 with tax :) Anyway, I'm looking for opinions on the camera so far. Camera is still sealed in box but I'm a bit hesitant to open it up as Best Buy charges a 15% restocking fee. Any real negatives I should be concerned about?

How did you manage to get your camera for $350 with tax. I am planning to buy SD700 for a while. I am just waiting for a good deal. If you mind posting it here, can you please e-mail me at hindustani8@gmail.com

Well, it's mostly because of the Best Buy Reward Zone and gift card. I had $70 in reward zone coupons because of the LCD I bought a couple a months back. Plus, I had a 12% discount off the regular price because of some sale for reward zone sale. I saw at least two other people taking advantage of the reward zone stuff to buy cameras yesterday.

You should keep an eye out on Fatwallet. I've seen the camera for around $390