PC Magazine picks imac as Editors Choice

Obviously a sign that hell is about to freeze over, either that or perhaps they have finally gotten some sense and quit dismissing Apple but PC Magazine has picked the G4 iMac as their editor's choice for Innovative Consumer Desktop.

The iMac isn't just about hip style?it's a bold reminder of Apple's ability to design simple-to-set-up computers and bundle essential and appealing applications. Whether you find the design aesthetically pleasing or not, the iMac, with its 15-inch flat-panel display (a 17-inch display is also available) perched atop a stem, akin to a funky flower pot, makes a lasting impression?and our Editors' Choice in this category.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,551137,00.asp

Originally posted by Eth3l

Industry magazines like that always suck.

Car magazines think the Ford Focus is a good car. that doesnt mean crap.

The Ford Focus is a good car. Reliable. Has excellent gas mileage. Good safety. Just because a car isn't fast or doesn't look great doesn't mean its not a good car.

Pc mag is probably the best pc magazine out there. I've gotten it for the past year or so. One of the few that hasn't sold out.

the only PC mag to read is MaximumPC!

Yeah if you'r a teenager who likes that kinda crap. The fact that they put half naked women on the cover puts them near the bottom. While a good tactic to get buyers, it shows me people weren't buying it for its computer content, so they are now buying it for the women in it.

Yeah if you'r a teenager who likes that kinda crap. The fact that they put half naked women on the cover puts them near the bottom. While a good tactic to get buyers, it shows me people weren't buying it for its computer content, so they are now buying it for the women in it.

So that is why my brother gets that mag, I will have to go have a look ;)

Originally posted by KiLLa3D

i was about to say anyone who donesn't like MaximumPC must the a pu55y!

to each his own. Some people read Tolstoy and some people read the back of cereal boxes.

Hmm. I read a Swedish magazine called DatorMagazin (dator==computer), focused on creative professionals in web and video and software/web developers. I might go over to MacWorld once my subscribtion runs out though. Anyway, they (DatorMagazin) had a huge review of MacOS X when 10.1.2 was out, and gave it 5/5 as I recall. In the last issue they also started a tutorial on the basics of Cocoa programming with Obj-C.

to each his own. Some people read Tolstoy and some people read the back of cereal boxes.

LOL! Nice one. I must agree - from what I've seen, Maxim-umPC is exactly what I just eluded to. :)