Proteus 2.2a10 released as well

i think ill be able to kick ichat to the kerb now.

btw, does anyone know of anyway to get that damned ichat bubble off the menu bar?

How is this one with AIM? I tried Proteus again about a day ago and MSN was fine but AIM kept disconnecting. I really like Proteus and would love to try and use it full time, if both MSN and AIM will work.

Proteus is ok. It does what it's supposed to do. But it has too many extra gui niceties that aren't need, at it bloats the app. It's going to take a darn good program for me to stop using Adium. I use the MSN client along with Adium. Best setup for me.

Originally posted by GatorZx2

How is this one with AIM? I tried Proteus again about a day ago and MSN was fine but AIM kept disconnecting. I really like Proteus and would love to try and use it full time, if both MSN and AIM will work.

That's what this latest alpha fixes, the TOC issue with AIM which made it keep disconnecting.

• 4 weeks later...

Can hardly wait for a11 :D

It's supposedly finally going to change the way people are displayed in your buddylist so you view people rather than accounts, ie. you have Jim listed as one contact although you have both Jim's AIM and MSN account in the list... something I've been waiting for a long time for ^_^

Plus, it also fixes the bug with hitting enter and not having it send. That one gets me ALL the time :D

I noticed that if you give enter a short tap, it merely creates a new line, however, if you give enter a good solid press it'll send the message.

There is one minor thing that annoys me in a very small way; the positioning of the "Close" button. It's in the same place that AIM uses for the "Send" button. As I'm an AIM convert, I find myself closing windows rather than replying :blink:

There have been a few occasions that I've written a lengthy reply and clicked "close" by accident.

Only thing I don't really like about Proteus is the format it saves logs in :blink: Guess I'm just picky, I prefer how Adium saves logs so I use Adium for AIM and Proteus for MSN & ICQ.