"My tires!"

I thought this would make for an interesting story.

My girlfriend just got her permit so I took her to an empty parking lot to drive my car for a while. She got in the car and immediately started driving aimlessly, parking into random spots and backing out, making stops, turns, etc. Pretty soon she got the hang of it so she asked:

"How do I turn off the traction control?" - and I pointed to the ASC button.

She smiled, pressed the ASC button and pulled the shifter into DS and then up into first gear (she knows I reversed the StepTronic shift pattern).

The next thing I know, we are doing donuts in the parking lot, she's redlining the engine, upshifted into 2nd gear and the speedometer reads 100km/h and we're barely moving; all I can see is the smoke from what once were my tires.

So she stops the car and gets out between all that smoke and as it slowly clears she sees the imprints of the tires on the ground. What followed went something like this:

"Aww, my first donut!"

"MY TIRES!!"

My girlfriend just got her permit
Aww, my first donut

Sounds like someone needs to wait another 5 or 10 years until they're mature enough to have a license. :no:

I also did some crazy things in that parking lot. I managed to do the 180 and the reverse 180 multiple times. I think it screwed with the alignment very slightly though.

All in all, it was incredibly fun. :D

I'll let her burn the tires completely before I get the new ones mounted.

2778.jpg

wow. i can't believe you let your girlfriend drive your car.

i would never let mine touch it.

i wouldn't even let my sister touch my subaru

you are a brave man.

all props go to you.

She'll have to buy your new set of tires :pinch:

She did offer to pay for them but I won't accept it. I appreciate the gesture though.

Next time it rains I'm teaching her how to drift. Its an essential life skill, you know.

She did offer to pay for them but I won't accept it.

you are a nice guy.

i'd be asking her for the money. lol

:no: no offence.. but girls should seriously not drive. they cause more preventable accidents then anybody.

Pssh, my girlfriend is a better driver than I am. She's more defensive but I'm more aggressive and have more fun. ;)

She did offer to pay for them but I won't accept it. I appreciate the gesture though.

Next time it rains I'm teaching her how to drift. Its an essential life skill, you know.

do you know the professional way of drifting, or the "ghetto way"? I learned professional drift techniques and im glad i did. I was drifing around by a local mall in my friends 200sx while it was still wet last week. Im still waiting for my own car, it'll be my first :)

I love watching people drift right into other cars... they think they are sweet as can be... you can just see it on their face... then their face turns to fear as they see the car loosing control and then whack.... right into another car and they look like the biggest idiots. It's classic. I'm actually suprised at the number of wrecks I've seen at the same intersection due to drifitng.

Drifting is dumb and dangerous to do on actual roads. Hopefully one day you will realize that or loose your liscence.

im a lad, and im a great driver. never had one accident altho have been in 2 with my mates. the stupiest one was i driving in a kroger parking area and as i was driving down, some american jack ass reveresed into me so i wasent happy about that, hahahahah.

hahahah, nice donut, hahah

Drifting is bloody beautiful - it REALLY impresses me - controlling the car in ways they are not meant to be driven HAS to be a skill!

ON RACE TRACKS.

Anyone who drifts on the roads is a complete prick in my opinion.

damn, i have yet to see anyone drift, let alone drift, lose control and crash into parked cars..

Ive never seen anyone wreck into other cars although i have seen someone try to drift threw a turn and ended up spinning his car all the way around....idiots

speaking of drifting, 2 days ago, it was a really rainy day. Some lady lost control and hydro planed straight into the McDonalds sign across from my work with her Mitsubishi Montero... it was pretty cool, she was completely vertical like when your exiting a right hand turn on a track, then BOOM! into the sign. She forgots to let go of her e-brake and turn the wheels the opposide direction.