Security Center Not Detecting Software on Boot

This has been bugging me for a few weeks now. Windows Security Center apon booting will report that it cannot detect either any antivirus or firewall installed on my system. I am using up to date versions of Nod32 and Outpost firewall which are both supported by security center.

I had a play around and if I "restart" the "security Center" serive the two programs will instantly be detected by security center as they should be. The problem is apon rebooting the pc that these programs are once again not detected by windows unless I restart the service. I have edited what services do run on boot (disabling some unessential ones) but I dont believe thats it, all dependant serices of security center are set to automatic and recently I had to re-enable the lot to install IE7 B3 and used this as an oppotunity to see if it was any of my disabled services that was causing the issue but it appears not.

I'm not entirely sure what it is but I guess it's something along the lines of the Security Center service running before the outpost and nod32 services start and is then not detecting their presence when they do finally run, and thus why they are detected if I manually reboot the service. I've set the option to "monitor the software on my own" in the security center but for the sake of interest if anyone had an explanation and ideally a fix it'd be so very much appreciated.

Ohh and uninstalling and reinstalling the programs didn't fix it. I have searched but have found nothing relevant and anything about security center usually leads to a sp2 review or a statement that not all programs are supported by Security center which isnt my problem.

Cheers