Extra Gum may have laxative effects?

Yes it really depends on what your body is like, normally i don't have gum.

A great thing to have thou to get a nice breath or when your somach is hurting, Fox Mints. They contain real peper mint which is really nice and good for you!

I have tons of fox mints and they are perfecty fine

I always thought this was common knowledge,you get the same warning on packets of Polo mints too.Sugar free mints contain sorbitol which can have a laxative effect.

I also thought this was common knowledge too !

But the strangest I have come across is Paracetamol, and a sideeffect to that is a headache :p

Don't they have those in pill form at truck stops and stuff?

Isn't that just Pro Plus? I had 8 of them on monday within like 2 hours, man i was buzzing... :D

It is SUGARLESS gum that has the laxative effects. By laxative effects it would be like chewing a pack of that gum at once. Soribitol, malitol and xylitol all sugar substitutes that makes the gum sweet, but consuming too much of those products will act as a laxative.

im sure that all gums would have laxative effects if you chew it enough... when you chew your food, your stomach is preparing to receive it... when you keep chewing and keep chewing and your stomach never receives anything so it gets upset and therefore your 'laxative effect'