"next-gen" or "current-gen"?

What do you think of X360, PS3, Wii as?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Generations...

• Next Gen
    • Current Gen

Do you think of the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii as the "next-gen" still or are you considering them as "current-gen"?

Personally, I think current-gen, because the first of the generation is available and therefore in my eyes the generation of "next-gen" has begun.

I just ask 'cos I am seeing so many posts and it just made me think :)

edit : whoops! voted the wrong option :(

can you also post why you think what you vote...

Edited by Interrobang

There isn't enough market saturation for them to be current gen yet.

they're current gen when they stop makign Xbox and PS2 games, or when they're liek 10 % of Next gen production.

and we're far away from that.

Heck sony hasn't even been abel to deliver their next gen device yet, neither has nintendo :p

Although the jump between the last and current console generations is large PCs have been improving bit by bit for years and were already "next gen"... so I see it as a continuous transition, rather than discrete.

I see Xbox, GameCube, and PlayStation2 as current gen.

I see Xbox360, Wii, and PlayStation3 as next[as in future] gen.

If you're talking about how they look then it depends on which game; but I expect them [the games] to look better than current gen, and then in a few months [etc] them to increase in quality [etc].

I mean, the consoles are different generations of eachother. The Playstation 3 is the third generation of the Playstation line and the 360 is the 2nd generation of the Xbox line.

Edited by barneyt

For the most part the Nintendo Wii is considered "next-gen," in my eyes. It's "Wii-mote" is an excellent idea, however the name needs "wii-named."

The Playstation 3, in my eyes, is next-gen because of the Blue-ray, it gives itself the advantage of holding more per disc.

The Xbox360, I don't think is considered next-gen. Most of the technologies it has, have been out for a while. It doesn't have much for the "wow-factor."

For the most part the Nintendo Wii is considered "next-gen," in my eyes. It's "Wii-mote" is an excellent idea, however the name needs "wii-named."

The Playstation 3, in my eyes, is next-gen because of the Blue-ray, it gives itself the advantage of holding more per disc.

The Xbox360, I don't think is considered next-gen. Most of the technologies it has, have been out for a while. It doesn't have much for the "wow-factor."

um, PC for years had the the idea of the PS3 and xbox 360 and wii will maybe not the wii

with the graphics dont blue ray had nothing to to with that.

the PS3 and wii are differnet but you had them was gen how can this be?

xbox360 is the most next gen with sony fake Pc console ;) dreamcast had that idea of more then a console. and how did that go.and the PS2 isnt a computer entertament its less like a pc then my radio

but they are current gen.

Everybody here saying the PS3 is the ONLY next-gen - It is near enough on par with Xbox 360!

Everybody here saying the Wii is the ONLY next-gen - Explain the poor specs then

They are ALL 1 generation - no matter what!

The Xbox360, Playstation 3 and Wii are all 'next gen' despite the xbox360 being already out.

It is the new generation of consoles, NOT whether or not the tech is new and fancy.

Generations are defined by each new totally new console in the series, all three of the consoles are new and therefore belong to the new generation.

The Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube are 'current gen' but technically can be called 'last gen' because of the Xbox 360 being out.