Proof positive: Vista STILL (!) looks like Win95

here we go... build 5487 just released as TAP build... (more on www.winfuture.de)

and voila, what have we here? Vista STILL LOOKS LIKE WIN95 (Edit: Thanks trekkie!) !!! lol... I mean this would be absolutley hilarious if it werent for the fact that MS will charge money for this sad attempt at creating a new OS (referring to icons in WordPad).

title edited

post-173627-1154544965_thumb.jpg

Edited by John S.

Why change wordpad if it works fine? It's not supposed to be a feature-rich application anyways. That's what Office is for.

The icons are the main problem.It still has Windows 9x icons.

The icons are the main problem.It still has Windows 9x icons.

No ****, I know what he means. Icons are hardly a "problem" and I don't see why anyone would care anyways.

you mean wordpad looks like win3.1's wordpad? so vista the os (which wordpad isnt) looks like win3.1 because of this?

he must be a vista "hater" :rolleyes:

cause why would he post a topic with that particular title?

Why change wordpad if it works fine? It's not supposed to be a feature-rich application anyways. That's what Office is for.

They should at least change something, it's been like 10 years ...

isn't that save icon a floppy disk? how many vista pcs will come with floppy disks?

Attached is a picture of Office 12 Beta 2, what is that I see, a floppy disk?

post-23471-1154546161.jpg

No ****, I know what he means.

Dude, grow up and stop acting like you're 12.

I agree that Microsoft could upgrade the icons and make it look a little more streamlined; it is the theme for Vista. Microsoft has released packages showing what apps should look like--the types of icons, the buttons, the menus; they even released hardware profiles just last week. I think they're setting a bad example by including a program (even if it is basic) that doesn't follow those guidlines.

I don't see the problem, I mean an icon is an icon. At least 90 buttzillion people know what to click on.

Cody

well they updated it's sister program, paint, with new icons and i think 1 new feature though I'm not quite sure. so Why not word. They can add the office 2007 icons in this....

It's freaking WordPad!!! WHO CARES!!!!

So what's next...are you gonna bitch about them using the color blue??

Grow up.

As if Vista isn't ****ing enough people off. So let's go change all the icons around so nobody knows what the **** anything is.... Yeah that would be a good idea...

isn't that save icon a floppy disk? how many vista pcs will come with floppy disks?

Obviously none, but even programs like Word 2007 still use the floppy icon:

wordsj0.th.png

geeez... yeah, anyone who dares to have an opinion of his own automatically "hates" Vista.

he must be a vista "hater" :rolleyes:

cause why would he post a topic with that particular title?

Let me see if i get it straight: He is dictating a letter to his computer, and he says it is a "sad attempt at creating a new OS". Could you do that in 1992? You know, with Windows 3.11...

What i really don't understand, is that how come these guys test legally Vista (i don't think it is leaked yet), while there are more intelligent ones out there, you know, the ones not judging a beta os by its icons.

It's freaking WordPad!!! WHO CARES!!!!

So what's next...are you gonna bitch about them using the color blue??

Grow up.

if MS can't manage to update software thats been around for 10+ years for their supposedly "cost more to develop then flying to the moon" operating system, then yes, I have a beef with them.

geeez... yeah, anyone who dares to have an opinion of his own automatically "hates" Vista.

sorry if you misunderstood what i ment, I ment to say why post a topic with a title that vista "Still" looks like windows 95, with a small but minor UI problem.

What would you rather they do, work on the security and performance, or work on making all the icons look pretty.

Who cares if they have win95 icons, if you dont like it dont use it.