DVD-ROM not working after Daemon Tools

Hi,

I have had daemon running on my two systems for quite a long time...ever since installing it on each, my DVD-ROM on both hasnt been working. The DVD-ROM is the top drive on both systems. A couple days ago I reformatted one pc which had this issue and after the reformat the DVD-ROM drive worked fine. Sadly, on the other computer I have, reformatting has to be the VERY last option...i really cannot do it. I have tried the windows page where you delete some of the optical drive drivers via the registry here :http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320553

yet it did not help. The thing about this whichis odd is that It is showing BOTH the DVD-ROM drive (which is NOT working) and my CD-RW Drive (which is working) in my computer... it also is showing both drivers in the device managar AND bios. The thing that is happening is that i insert a disc into the DVD-ROM drive and it does not autoplay...when i try to access it through My Computer it says " Please insert a disc into D:" , even though a disc is already in.

The system specs are below:

2.4 GHZ P4

512 MB RAM

80 GB Hard Drive

DVD-ROM Drive ( NOT WORKING )

CD-RW Drive ( WORKING )

Please could someone help me get this issue resolved...I uninstalled daemon after unmounting everything and disabling all drives and i would like this DVD-ROM fixed ASAP!