Rampage: Total Destruction (Wii) Images

You guys realise that the developers mainly do the wii remote functionality first because thats what is the hadrest to do then they go back and touchup the graphics.

actually things arent 'touched up' later as you put it; it goes placeholder primatives (blocked out level geometry, basic playermodels, all untextured) then final there is no going back, most of the art assets for a game are finished long before the actual game is.

UNLESS ofcourse this IS a port from the GC where they will go back and up the res of textures and such.

actually things arent 'touched up' later as you put it; it goes placeholder primatives (blocked out level geometry, basic playermodels, all untextured) then final there is no going back, most of the art assets for a game are finished long before the actual game is.

UNLESS ofcourse this IS a port from the GC where they will go back and up the res of textures and such.

Its usually a case of the engine rendering it at a lower level of quality. ;) Its pretty obvious that this isn't finished anyway, since there is a missing texture below the fountain. ;)

And it looks alright, I dunno what you guys are complaining for. The monsters look great. :)

I'm pretty sure the monsters are just 2D sprites. I might go and take another look at my son's GC version of this game to be sure.

By the way I'm not knocking the Wii, just Midway. Shame on them if they don't put up the effort to at least clean up the textures some. This is a very simple game with small, static levels. It shouldn't be too hard.

Why show off screenshots if they're not going to look good? And don't say something like, 'this is going to promote the fun nature of the Wii because it's obviously not about graphics, it about gameplay', because you cannot evaluate the 'fun' of something based on the screenshots. You can only evaluate how good it looks. And right now, it looks terrible.

It doesn't matter how ugly or pretty it is if it plays like the PS2 version. That game has got "bottom of the bargain-bin forever" written all over it.

I'll take classic Rampage over the new one any day.