Kodak v603

anyone used this camera?

I was looking for a small, slim camera.

The last Kodak camera i had (DX 4330) a few years ago was good and simple. My only gripe with it was the battery. It was Kodak's own battery. The one the camera came with lasted quite some time, but then i bought a Kodak rechargable battery & docking station. This battery barely kept its charge. You could charge it fully and it'd be drained SO QUICK!! I used other batteries in it too and they weren't much better.

I now have a Canon Powershot A85. It's ok. Some of the options are more complicated than my old Kodak. When i use the flash, it sometimes puts a strange whitening on the picture. I know a flash will make the picture lighter, but compared to my old Kodak and indeed my 35mm cameras, the Canon brightens the picture way too much

Just some general opinions of the v603, and also its battery.

my girlfriend has one and i've used it some, from my experience, it takes sharp photos, its easy to use, but the battery life is sorta short. maybe like 230-250 shots per charge...

• 3 weeks later...

This month has gone terribly slow. I thought i posted this way back

Anyway, just a question i should've asked last time as i've been thinking about digi cams again lately --- does it take normal AA batteries?