Help! Please!!

My computer won't boot! It turns on power-wize but does nothing after, not even the boot up beep. I removed the video card and memory to see if I could at least get some error beeps but nothing. Otherwise it goes throught the usual hard drive reads, etc.

The casue? Well, it seems my infant son went rummaging around under my desk and did something, I'm not sure what. When I noticed him, the screen was already black, but my power strip was on. Maybe he flicked it on and off quickly?

Thanks for any help or suggeestions.

hehehe there are a number of possibilites:

- Make sure the power plugs/cabling are correctly inserted in place in their correct sockets.

- A blown fuse..?

- You mentioned that you went inside the pc, well, here's a list of internal problems:

- Power cable isn't connected to motherboard correctly (both the AT/ATX supply and the power button cable.

- Hard drive cables are back to front or the wrong wasy round (depending on cable)

- Memory / CPU / Graphics card not insertec properly

- If the computer doesn't go "beep", then it's known that it could be a CPU problem (but it may simply be that there is no power go around your computer.

Hope this helps :rambo:

Thanks for the suggestions. Here some more info:

Power is getting to the board. I have an IWill board that has an LED that lights when the board is getting power. My SCSI card also has a power light that is on. All the fans are working.

I removed and reseated the video card jsut in case. I also removed and reseated the memory modules. I service and build computers (this one is homemade) so I'm pretty comfortable poking around inside. I just have never come across a problem like this before where NOTHING happens (with power).

Nathan: My son touched the power strip under my desk, not the computer's power supply. I'm guessing you don't have kids. :p