Where were you when the WTC was attacked?

Where were you on 9-11 ?  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Where were you when the WTC was attacked?

• at home
    • at school
    • at work
    • on the road
    • sleeping
    • other (please mention)
    • dont remember

i remember i was just watchin TV.....i think it was around 7pm here in Pakistan.....when i turned to CNN they were sayin that some kind of plane had crashed into the WTC....and it was probably a small commuter plane......then all hell broke loose......i think my whole family sat in front of the TV for like 24 hours straight......i didnt turn off the TV for like 4 to 5 days straight.....i still remember it like it was yesterday.

In class. We were all listening to the radio broadcast of what was going on in the morning. The I went to Futureshop during lunch to watch CNN.

At home, in Brooklyn, getting ready to head to class. Once the first plane hit, my mom refused to let me get on the subway to get to school. Then our concerned turned to my Dad who worked 3 or 4 blocks away from the towers (One of the engines landed across the street from his building). I'm not sure why I did it, but I instead of sitting around I went to my old elementary school (I used to volunteer a lot) and asked them if they needed any help considering the amount of parents calling in and such. I spent a good 3 or 4 hours running up and down getting messages to teachers.

One thing I remember is how close the plume of smoke seemed. I would have sworn it was a few blocks away. My grandmother, who lives a little closer to the city than I do, actually had papers falling in her neighborhood from the towers.

I don't think it all hit me until two things happened. Firts, my dad described how horrified he was to see those people jumping from the tower. Second, when the Yankees lost the World Series that year, the breath of hope just sort of left the city and I broke down a bit.

was home in jersey 30 minutes away starring at the TV upon being woke up

and ran to the car to get about 10 of my friends who live 4-5 blocks away from WTC and my ex girl friend mother worked in the buldings next to it

after that

i now live in elizabeth/newark

10 minutes away and i live about 1.5 miles form Newark Airport and the planes go DIRECTLY i mreally mean DIRECTLY over my house by a 200 feet every 20 seconds...

matter of fact 3rd one went over just as i typed this sentance... everyday i feel like they are gonna hit my house

i should take a picture you we be surprised how close they come to my house it shakes the everything and if you outside you have to stop talking cause the person next to you cant hear you...

but i love my hood

Edited by 1Way Jonny

I woke up and turned on the TV, it was on the news. The first plane had recently hit, the 2nd hadn't yet.

I phoned one of my friends and my grandfather. Both are real news hounds, always watch the news, especially when something big happens. I phoned them cause I knew they probably didn't know or else they'd have called us.

I was walking through the SLC at uwaterloo, saw it on the tv there, went huh, that's different, then continued on my way to class....didn't really phase me seeing as all my falimy and friends live in rural southern ontario and I've never been remotely cloes to new york

Was at home on my computer, someone told me to turn the news on and i wondered what was going on till it showed the 2nd plane hitting the tower, i was horrified.

I was at school to see the 1st plane hit then the other hit. I remember my stupid computer teacher telling us it's ok and not to worry lol. Anyways I ditched school like most others and went home.

I was at work. We had a piece of equipment down that we had to lock out so maintenance work could be done. We had gone back into the control room to get a valve wrench or something and saw it on TV, we just stopped in amazement and watched.

I was back in 8th grade with some friends making orgasm noises to **** the teacher off.

lol, damn.. I'm already graduated and whatever now.. it all seems like yesterday. :p

I was in my dorm room at the University of Pittsburgh at the time. My roomate was in class and he came back and I was like, look at the tv...

It was crazy watching it. Before they knew what exactly was going on they were freaking out at Pitt because we have the Cathedral of Learning which is the 2nd tallest educational building in the world.

I was in work and some girl said a small plane hit the trade centre.. i didn't take notice at first but then more and more people were leaving to go home and the staff were going upstairs in the staff room so i followed and watched tv for some hrs. Then went home and watched some more news. Think i spent more time that day watching the news then anyother except for the london bombings :(

I was at school. They didn't tell/notify us. When I went home my brother told me about it and I switched the news on and was like "holy ****." What an unreal, unforgettable day.

I remember getting into my car to go to work that day and hearing them talk about something on the radio, I wasn't sure what. Then when I got to work my co worker that sits a cubical next to me told me what was going on, so I was streaming it from cnn, and msnbc, I remember watching the towers fall on the video stream it was the most nerv racking day in recent memory.

Grade 7, my class just came in from lunch and we got hit with the news that the twin towers got attacked and our female teacher who told us the story broke into tears.

I was in the school library on one of the computers during a first period spare.

I remember watching it all go down on the computer while a crowd of people stood around me watching. The rest of the day we watched the television and listened to the radio seeing everything unfold. It was quite the day.

Playing BOK, a Breakout clone, on Sky. Got to level 4, when my mum walks in and says "I need the TV", and I explained my situation involving gaming glory, and all she said was "This is serious"

And the rest, they say, is history...

I was sleeping through Pre-Calculus at the time, and then the principal came in on the intercom and told us what was happening. We watched it on the TVs after that.