Where were you when the WTC was attacked?

Where were you on 9-11 ?  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Where were you when the WTC was attacked?

• at home
    • at school
    • at work
    • on the road
    • sleeping
    • other (please mention)
    • dont remember

I was, ummmm................... "sleeping" with this girl and the phone rang it was my mum and she told me to turn on the TV. So I did and was awed the rest of the day watching as the news and story developed and unfolded.

I was work sat at my desk upgrading several machines at a time to Windows XP (I was the dog's body type Junior IT Engineer - hated working there).

Heard all the commotion from the credit department (next door) but it wasn't until someone came in to tell us what had happened that we actually found out. Didn't honestly think much of it at the time and it was only after the second plane struck that we all realised what was going on. Shortly after that our relatively under-powered Internet access (I think it was a 256K leased line - it was before DSL services were available here) collapsed under the strain of all the employees trying to stream and access content from various news sites and we ended up, rather hesitantly I would add having to stop people from accessing the net so that work could continue. (Yeah, work never stopped. Phones were still ringing and tickets were still being raised) Ended up listening to the news on a radio that was taken from the warehouse.

The following day we held 2 minutes silence in the car park at the front of the building. Never in my life have I been part of such a large and quiet crowd of people.

Similar experience when London was bombed last year, but in contrast I was back working in retail by then and when it came to doing the 2 minutes silence on the anniversary earlier this year we had to be done with people walking around the shop and going about their business like nothing had happened! I can remember one woman approached the till where I was stood and started talking to myself and a colleague and she actually got annoyed with the fact that neither of us responded until she remembered what day it was.

I was in England at my 1 month old cousins funeral. One of my other cousins got a text from a friend saying that a plane had crashed into the WTC. We were all cussing her friend because that was a sick joke for people at a funeral... until we turned on the TV. Later that day on the way back home from the wake another cousin got smoked by a driver running a red. Everyone in his car was ok, but kind of a ****ty day.

I was at school

Later mom told me a plane crashed into a building in USA. I was like "meh, so ?"

thought it was just an accident. :rolleyes: Then I saw the news..

I was in my kitchen cleaning a dish, and I heard it, so I came out.

You heard it all the way from Canada? lol :blink:

I was at school and one of my friends came in late and told everybody a plane hit the world trade center...and I remember thinking what is the world trade center?? We talked about it in every single class that day and when I got to PE we tried to watch the news on the TV in the coach's office but the art teacher came and yelled at us saying we are not allowed to watch that.

I was at home, getting ready to go to school (a local college) when I turned on the Today Show, and saw the first tower on fire. Well, I quickly assumed some kind of accident or something else...until I saw the second plane plow into the 2nd tower...then I knew....America was at war! School was cancelled, I didn't go to work that night....it was like life just stopped. Hard to believe it'll be 5 years this September.

Bob

At home in my room, listening to Mark and Lard on Radio 1. They mentioned it and at first i thought it was just one of their jokes, but then realised they had really serious voices. Ran downstairs to TV and saw second plane hit.

At home. My missus was outside chatting to the neighbours and came in to tell me that a plane had hit a building somewhere in America.

I imagined a light aircraft hitting a barn or something, so ignored it for a while.

Only when she came in and made me turn on the TV that I realised the full horror.

I watched the second plane hit live, the news commentator was confused thinking it was another angle from the first plane.

At the time I worked at the Royal Mail. That night on a late shift before we entered the building we all had to display our ID cards, no ID card no enter!

I knew then that the world had changed forever. It also changed me.

FDNY R.I.P.

:cry:

was in class. not sure who made the executive decision, either the board (for all schools) or the principle but a memo was passed to all teachers informing them and aswell to infrom all students of the events unfolding, that councilling will be available and students may go home if needed. it has been a long time since that tradgic day.

I was a sophmore in highschool at the time, I came into class that morning and my teacher had the TV on and I saw the World Trade Center smoking and I though we were watching a video about the first WTC bombing. I remember it was the scariest thing, not knowing what was going on.

I just woke up and turned on the TV. My brain wasn't awake, so I was wondering if I was dreaming or not. It didn't hit me until a few hours later during school.

I was in 9th grade at the time. I was in the auditorium watching some lame anti-drug people when it happened :blink:

When I got back to class, the TV was on. I don't remember if both planes had hit yet or not though.

When it happened i was at school but i found out like 2 hours later when i got back home and turned on Sky news :(