Where were you when the WTC was attacked?

Where were you on 9-11 ?  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Where were you when the WTC was attacked?

• at home
    • at school
    • at work
    • on the road
    • sleeping
    • other (please mention)
    • dont remember

I was walking into work (after taking the ferry across the river) looking at Tower One in flames, and wondering what idiot hit the tower on such a clear and nice day (there were ALWAYS Cesna planes flying around the

area).

Then, as I got off the ferry (World Financial Center) I watched the second plane come in across the river and fly right into Tower Two. I turned around and went back to the ferry landing to go back to New Jersey and

I got home about 3 hours later.

It wasn't until about Noon that day I found out the towers fell, I never looked back after getting on the boat.

I have been back working here since October 1st of that year (Thanks to the EPA, now have a chronic respiratory infection) but because they said the air was safe, I had no choice but to come back to work. It was either come back or resign (Good Old ML).

I still can see everything as it was just yesterday, and I think of the friends and colleagues I have lost in the

towers that day.

I was on a firing range on a british army base. We had no no idea if we were going to be allowed to go home after our course or weather we were going to be sent to the middle east

. Quite scary!!

I was at work when a guy from of our dealerships (I worked for MG Rover at the time) phoned us - normally he'd phone to wind the office up - and we thought he was having a laugh again - but then we checked on the (very slow) internet and realised he wasn't kidding.

We fired up the TV in the conference room and everyone came down - everyone was dumbstruck, my boss had been over there the previous year and was nearly in tears.

7/7, again I was at work. reception phoned down and told us what had happened - straight on t'internet, everyone was at a loss for words - unbeleiveable. Some of us have family in London, so we were trying to ring round but of course the mobile (cell) networks were jammed.

Scary stuff. Hope nothing like it ever happens again.

Ad

Ad

I was working at Sears Outlet store. I remember getting inside the store when all the people (customers and employees) were standing in front of every TV we had there watching what was happening. One of the planes had already hit one of the towers, and about 10 minutes later after I was at work, I saw the other plane hitting the other tower, and people were screaming and crying all around the store, so I asked my friend/coworker at that time what was happening, and he told me that New York was being attacked by terrorists. I have never been in New York, but let me tell you, I was very p*ss*d off seen what was happening. Imagine having about 30 TVs all sizes displaying the same image at the same time, wherever you look, there was a TV. I remember it like if it happened yesterday.

/EZ

Edited by EZRecovery

I was in my kitchen cleaning a dish, and I heard it, so I came out.

:rofl: Another Dane Cook fan.

I was at school listening to a radio in class. My reaction was just.. priceless. I was writing an essay and all of a sudden "We interrupt this for a breaking news story, A Boeing 747 has crashed into the WTC" and the next thing you hear is me shouting "WHAT THE ****"

I did get the radio confiscated, but wasnt punished for the explosion.

I was in my kitchen cleaning a dish, and I heard it, so I came out.

:rofl: Another Dane Cook fan.

I was at school listening to a radio in class. My reaction was just.. priceless. I was writing an essay and all of a sudden "We interrupt this for a breaking news story, A Boeing 747 has crashed into the WTC" and the next thing you hear is me shouting "WHAT THE ****"

I did get the radio confiscated, but wasnt punished for the explosion.

I had the day off work, so i decided to have a long lie-in. I turned the tv on moments before the second plane hit.

I had skipped school that morning (faked an illness).

I went back to bed at 8:45.

I awoke around noon.

I slept through the biggest event of our generation.

I very clearly remember the events, I was at a client?s house and working on his PC when the phone rang and a friend of the client told him to change to one of the cable channels and see what?s going on! We ran to the lounge and as we were watching the 2nd aircraft flew into the second tower. We both did not believe what we were seeing. Our reaction was one of disbelief! We actually thought we were seeing a movie, but the longer it went on and the more it was repeated the more it sunk in what had happened! Being so far away from this made no difference at all, the impact of it was so shocking that I could not continue to work that day, I just went home and watched the events unfold on TV for the rest of the day! It is still just as vivid in my mind today as it was when it happened. Few things have ever shocked me quite as much as the events that took place on that fateful day.

I was in Spain on holiday. We were out shopping for stuff and this one shop owner had a TV on watching it.

It was a tiny little black and white TV., so we couldn't see much or understand the Spanish.

My mate said "I think a plane just flew into the twin towers in America."

I was just like "What are those?", I had never heard of them.

Because we hadn't seen it in colour, or heard anything in English, and it seemed too unbelievable, we just carried on shopping.

I was sleeping and woke up, turned the tv on to hear them talking about it and I thought I was dreaming. Whent to use the bathroom and came in and sat down right as they showed the second one hit.

The first thing that came to my mind was how I was just watching a show on the History channel a couple nights before talking about Usama Bin Laden and the first attacks on WTC and after that show they had another show talking about the building process of the towers.

My sister called asking if I was watching it on tv and I said, "yes and it's Bin Laden that did it I bet". Right after that is when they started talking about the terrorists and how Bin Laden was involved. Of course now I think that's all pure crap and that is was entirely done by Bush and his buddies.

i was at school in a computing lesson (the last lesson of the day) - had like 20minutes left.

One of my mates went to the loo...

came back and said that the 1st american WTC had been attacked!

Came home and watched the second tower get attacked and the rest is history.

:cry:

I had just got home from School at the time(I think I was in year 10 at the time) and switched the tele on to read digitizer on teletext... Instead I watched the second plane hit the second tower.

I remember seeing people throwing themselves out of the high windows of the building rather than die in the fire, I don't think I'll ever forget how freaked out I was at watching people die on live TV.

I watched the towers collapse and I don't think I switched the TV off until way after 11pm that night

I was in the swimming pool, maybe I was there when the attacks happened. Then after lunch I turned on TV and watched both towers fall :(

It was a very strange day.

I'm from madrid, and when the March 11 attacks happened... I guess I was asleep, they were too early. I got the news on the bus to school, as some old women were commenting it. I had an exam that day, but didnt have it in the end because they wanted us to go to the city hall for a "minute of silence" at noon. The other day, 2 million people went out to the streets in the city of madrid. I didnt go because I knew it would be complete chaos (I don't live in Madrid city itself so it was kinda complicated to get there). But I would have loved to be there.

Edited by Julius Caro

I was at home Laying on the couch with a bad dose of the Flu watching the late night news.

They were just about to have an ad break when the headline came in.

I remember the newsreader just sitting at the desk in shock from what she had seen.

The footage was showing for a while then came back to the Newsreader and you could see that she had tears rolling down hear cheek.

I just sat glued to the TV for the rest of the night.

:cry:

I was at school - and they announced something had happened - I don't remember exactly what they said.

I just sat glued to the TV for the rest of the night.

I think alot of us did that... it was on TV for the entire day on EVERY channel... it's almost scary being so close to home...