The best TV for XBox 360?

I bought a XBox 360 today and realized that I don't have a TV to hook it up to! Before I go out and buy a TV, could anyone please tell me which kinds of TV's (LCD, Plasma, etc) are the best (in terms of visual quality) for gaming with XBox?

Thanks.

Iono, LCD's may look nice, but they're really not worth the price. Rear projection looks like the way to go, it's like Plasma with limited viewing angles. ;)

Iono, LCD's may look nice, but they're really not worth the price. Rear projection looks like the way to go, it's like Plasma with limited viewing angles. ;)

LCD's are better for gaming. All you people recommending DLP's are doing him more harm than good. DLP's have a nasty delay problem that becomes most evident while gaming due to the nature of the projection system. LCD is much better suited for gaming on a console. Why do you think MS chose Samsung's LCD's from last year to be the official set of the 360?

As for LCD's, recommending a Westinghouse is just poor choice. You can get a Samsung LN-s51d for no more than $1600. It'll blow the Westinghouse out of the water, 1080p or not.

moved to home theater forum

LCD's are definitely worth the price, what are you people talking about.. I have a 51" projection and a 62" LCD upstairs and the LCD is godlike compared to the rear projection TV.

LCD's are definitely worth the price, what are you people talking about.. I have a 51" projection and a 62" LCD upstairs and the LCD is godlike compared to the rear projection TV.

I'm thinking you have an LCD projection. I don't think there are any production 62" lcd panels.

• 2 weeks later...

LCD's are better for gaming. All you people recommending DLP's are doing him more harm than good. DLP's have a nasty delay problem that becomes most evident while gaming due to the nature of the projection system. LCD is much better suited for gaming on a console. Why do you think MS chose Samsung's LCD's from last year to be the official set of the 360?

Is that really the case? Because I'm looking to get a TV set that is around 50" and LCDs at those sizes are just way too expensive. Should I steer clear of DLPs? I was thinking of getting a Sony SXRD (KDS-50A2000) and I thought it would be great for gaming... What would you recommend for 47-50" ?

Is that really the case? Because I'm looking to get a TV set that is around 50" and LCDs at those sizes are just way too expensive. Should I steer clear of DLPs? I was thinking of getting a Sony SXRD (KDS-50A2000) and I thought it would be great for gaming... What would you recommend for 47-50" ?

The SXRD is one of the best projections on the market. I'd definitely recommend it.

He is right my brother had a 62 inch HD projection it was a Hititachi. I hooked up my 360 to it man it was so beautiful played some DOA 4. Here is the link http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/lcd/lcd/lcd_index.shtml

I know the Hitachi's get great reviews, though I've seen very few of their models to give a fair opinion on them. I'd definitely give them a look over, though. My choice still lies with the SXRD, however. After seeing it earlier this week right next to a 1080p Samsung, I was amazed.

I know the Hitachi's get great reviews, though I've seen very few of their models to give a fair opinion on them. I'd definitely give them a look over, though. My choice still lies with the SXRD, however. After seeing it earlier this week right next to a 1080p Samsung, I was amazed.

Yea I was very skeptical when he bought it I kinda laughed at him. If you just watch like cable on it not didital cable it looks like crap. HD TV is so nice on that tv and the built in sound system is very good even tho its only 2.1. I would give it a 9 out of 10 for its bigaz size and bright view also good sound and bass.