Japan's Growing Mac 'mod' Squad

A traditional kimono maker living in Japan's ancient city of Kyoto runs a sideline business painting PowerBooks with intricate kimono designs.

Yuho Hayashi is a master craftsman, an expert of the "Yuzen" style of kimono design, a technique of dyeing and painting silk dating from the 17th century.

http://wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,56085,00.html

I LOVE THE BLACK IMAC!!!

*me drools* That is rather sweet.

Then again Japan has always had more mac users than anywhere else in the world so I can see why customising them caught on so well. I bet somewhere out there is a tibook with hello kitty on it :blink:

hmm...speaking of modding an iMac. I was thinking it would be cool to make it be able to rotate the screen, so you could display things sideways (mainly for webpages) and somehow make a program to have the window manager draw sideways :)

speaking of hello kitty, hi kitty! glad to see the site back. im also glad that not alot of people gave up on it. :cool:

heya tox hows you?

Personally I'm glad neowin is back, I just hope it stays back this time.

After all we've got the most elitist bunch of mac users on a pc board on the internet!

After all we've got the most elitist bunch of mac users on a pc board on the internet!

The new board neowin is using was made in OS X and the people who own the company behind that board and who are hosting it are all Mac enthusiasts.... Bet you didn't know that :)