• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

New Windows Live Mail Desktop released

iSimx    0

Here is a screenie of the new build. From what I see there have been major updates to the UI.

newbuildvu7.png

Gavin001    4

Here is a screenie of the new build. From what I see there have been major updates to the UI.

hmmm i dnt really believe that screeshot first off i def dnt think thats something the Live Team wud build the bevels etc dnt look right and also why is there two different types on scroll bars :s

Chan Smith    2

I tried the beta before it was out to the public. I got a invite to it. I hated it. It was horriable the web email on live is tons better. It has so many bugs. After using it most of the junk email kept going to my inbox even with webmail. somehow it messed something up. I had to get my email to exclusive.

my brother's crashed too upgrading, we had the 2 builds ago build, not the 1 released just a day or 2 ago.

oootle    0

its getting better, but I hate the Vista-esqe minimize/maximize/close buttons

leesmithg    226

I tried the beta before it was out to the public. I got a invite to it. I hated it. It was horriable the web email on live is tons better. It has so many bugs. After using it most of the junk email kept going to my inbox even with webmail. somehow it messed something up. I had to get my email to exclusive.

It is awful I agree.

I prefer OLE by a long distance.

The Champ    0

Whenever I run this program a pop up opens and asks for an internet connection as already i am connect to the internet after I click OK another one opens and tells me that msmail.dll couldn't load up. I check WLMD main folder and I saw msmail.dll was right there in its folder so any ways can anyone help if they don't know how to fix this problem please send me your msmail.dll to my email. Thanks

mnaisan@hotmail.com

camerony    0

I'm getting the internet connection issue aswell :(

little_britainer    0

hmm i maybe a bit stupid, but what is this..is it so you can acsess your emails from the desktop instead of going online?

jameseuk    0

hmm i maybe a bit stupid, but what is this..is it so you can acsess your emails from the desktop instead of going online?

Its like Outlook Express 6 but better apparently,thing is its way buggy atm

FlibbyFlobby    0

Its like Outlook Express 6 but better apparently,thing is its way buggy atm

Actually it is the new Outlook Express pretty much. Its basically what XP users will be getting instead of Windows Mail which Vista users will get from what I can tell.

greg098    0

when i go to download it, it comes up with japan writing on the ideas site. anyone have the URL for the english one? ive searched everywhere