Dead Rising [Definitive] Help & FAQ Thread

defenitely a very cool game!

couple of questions!

1) does anybody know how to save Susan (the old lady in wonderland plaza, ontop of the soccerball, with tuns of zombies around her.. I try to shoot her off, but i kill her

2) where can i find zombie

brad

? i don't know exactly where to locate him.

3) is there a way to save

Brad and Jessica (DHS) from turning into zombies?

only way i know how... is not to beat any missions, and you save them all.

4) is there even 10 psychopaths to beat in the mall?

5) where can i find "bowling balls"? for the strike! achievement?

1) You have to kill all the zombies around there so you can jump up on the ball and talk to her, once you talk to her 1 or 2 times, whatever it takes, she'll join and follow you.

2) He's in the room where you got the maintenance tunnel key, but you have to go there right after you see the cutscene I think..

3) No you can't stop them from turning into zombies, at least not during the cases anyway.

4) I'm sure there are, I haven't found them all yet

5) Dunno, only seen them once or twice

I finally got my Genocide achievement :)

i found the bowling balls.. they are upstairs in the double-story sporting goods store in the north plaza.. upstairs near the entrance

DirtyLarry, can you please add this to post #33, thanks!

http://home.apex.net/~acrunk/deadrisingmap.html

it's an interactive map of guns, bosses, and other things.. pretty cool :)

Edited by lylesback2

i found the bowling balls.. they are upstairs in the double-story sporting goods store in the north plaza.. upstairs near the entrance

DirtyLarry, can you please add this to post #33, thanks!

http://home.apex.net/~acrunk/deadrisingmap.html

it's an interactive map of guns, bosses, and other things.. pretty cool :)

No problem my man. It has been added to Post 33.

And nice, I need to try that Strike Achievement.

Since I "beat" the game, I am going to go start a 72 hour mode to level up a little more, just do the helicopter sequence and take the right flicks, right there you can level up pretty quickly. So I am going to do that a few times the next couple of days and maybe even go a little further, but take the next few days easy, and then I am going to get into Infinity Mode and see how long I can last.

No problem my man. It has been added to Post 33.

And nice, I need to try that Strike Achievement.

Since I "beat" the game, I am going to go start a 72 hour mode to level up a little more, just do the helicopter sequence and take the right flicks, right there you can level up pretty quickly. So I am going to do that a few times the next couple of days and maybe even go a little further, but take the next few days easy, and then I am going to get into Infinity Mode and see how long I can last.

try zombie genocide.. sure it's mind-numbing, but you will level up like crazy.. i achieved level 50 :D

hope this won't be a double post.. but i beat the game :D i got the true ending (which kind of made me laugh, the last 2 lines)

good ending, very good game, now i'm going to attempt infinity mode :D

Just remember guys, you can't save during Infinity Mode... So make sure you have around 7 hours to kill if you're going for the full 7 day survival.

ya thats retarded.. i don't think i have that much time on my hands, but i'll give it a shot!

Just remember guys, you can't save during Infinity Mode... So make sure you have around 7 hours to kill if you're going for the full 7 day survival.

WAIT WHAT?

You seriously cannot save in Infinity Mode? :wacko:

I only checked it out for about ten minutes so did not realize this at all.

Damn, I really did not know this, so I guess next time I am feeling sick or something maybe I will give it a go... which ironically enough would have been today since I feel like hell and have not worked and just been watching TV all day

Actually, according to the guys over at Gamefaqs, they say you need 14 hours for 7 day... doh

You can pause though, so you could technically just leave it on overnight. Not a good idea for anyone's 360 that's marginal about overheating :p

Edit: Oh yeah, apparently, the food doesn't respawn either. :) So don't go willy nilly on eating when you don't have to...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/fil...ng_infinite.txt One person's take on infinite mode, there seems to be quite a few helpful tips in there :)

Edited by crackhbob

WAIT WHAT?

You seriously cannot save in Infinity Mode? :wacko:

I only checked it out for about ten minutes so did not realize this at all.

Damn, I really did not know this, so I guess next time I am feeling sick or something maybe I will give it a go... which ironically enough would have been today since I feel like hell and have not worked and just been watching TV all day

but you CAN pause the game, walk away and come back and finish it off.. but you have to leave your system on heh.. the longest survivor is 11 days from what i have heard.. thats INSANE!

but you CAN pause the game, walk away and come back and finish it off.. but you have to leave your system on heh.. the longest survivor is 11 days from what i have heard.. thats INSANE!

That is beyond insane... Man, to have no responsibilities in life, how I miss being younger... :laugh:

I really have to Level Up to 50 first, so starting a new 72 hour mode, and I guess going for Genocider, is the way to go for me. :yes:

That is beyond insane... Man, to have no responsibilities in life, how I miss being younger... :laugh:

I really have to Level Up to 50 first, so starting a new 72 hour mode, and I guess going for Genocider, is the way to go for me. :yes:

just make sure you don't DIE, and you wait at the helicopter at noon on day 3! if you just die and save and quit, you have to re-do it all over again

is it possible to beat the 50 survivor achievement without doing the cases?

Edited by lylesback2

That's not true... it doesn't matter what ending you get for the Genocider achievement. You can be anywhere at noon on day 3 and still get it.

I'm at level 42 I think, I need to level up before trying Infinity again. I was like 8 hours into it (gametime, not realtime) and realized that the food and stuff didn't respawn, doh! Having the megabuster though definitely helps against the psychopaths :)

is there a map or list of things to wear in the mall, to help give me that outfit achievement?

your still one step ahead of me.. i am trying to fight isabella on the motorcycle.. i tried once, almost beat her, and died.. i didn't have any guns

so have you figured out where to meet isabella at 12:00am? I'm having hard time to locate her after i have beated her for the motorcycle fight at north plaze.

so have you figured out where to meet isabella at 12:00am? I'm having hard time to locate her after i have beated her for the motorcycle fight at north plaze.

yes i found her, and beat the game 2-3 times now :)

After you beat up isabella on the motorcycle, you will meet her later near the north west part of the mall, near Seons (same place you beat her up.. just a little down the hall beside where you Charge your Camera Batteries!). She will show up exactly on time (don't want to give spoilers) but wait inside the room, and run around or something. I can't remember exactly what time she shows up, im guessing 12:00am.

But go to the map or your watch, and select the mission you want to do, and press A, it gives you an arrow (it helps a LOT)

is there a map or list of things to wear in the mall, to help give me that outfit achievement?

In case you have not found it yet...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/fil...ng_clothing.txt

Copy and paste the link, it is working now, but they do not allow referrals. ;)

im currently doing infinity mode, im going for 7 day survivor.. if i make it? thats a different story.. im not sure if i'll make it to 5 heh.. im running out of energy, and only on day 3... maybe 4?

i hope my 360 doesn't overheat and blow up.. i got the window open, and it's 15 degree's outside.. so it's a decent temperature..

i gave up.. hahaha, i relised it wasn't worth it in the end.. all for an achievement and a shot at the leader boards.. no thanks :p

a $600 (CDN) system isn't worth virtual gloating