Accepted Review

So I got tickets to an advance screening for wed night. Not the first time but it was the first time I went.

It was really cool because it was a private screening and everyone was excited. The movie started and there was only one preview for the Outkast musical.

Ok to the movie. If you don't know what it's about, the basic plot is about a senior in high school who gets rejected by every college he applied to, even his backups. His parents are ****ed and disappointed. He makes up a fake school (makes a website and acceptance letter), parents are happy. Then they can't wait to visit..so he has to lease a building etc etc.

anyways the site is functional and hundreds of other rejected kids get in and the snowball gets bigger.

simple movie, simple message. It's a little sappy at parts (we are different but special) but still hits home to anyone who doesnt know where they're going in life.

As for humour, it was really funny. There's the sarcastic best friend and the stoner and the over achiever girl.

Overall, good light summer movie.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen Accepted, but I did see Snakes On A Plane the day it came out. I went there with the lowest expectations for the movie. I was just going to see it because of S. Jackson! It actually ended up being pretty damn good for a movie about ... well ... snakes on a plane. lol. I believe I will be seeing it again when it comes to DVD.

Decent movie. I thought the story was pretty neat, and the ending was awesome. Justin Long was kind of hard to watch in a few awkward moments, though, just because of his personality. It would've been better if he had played it more as he did in "Waiting..."

3.5/5

• 5 years later...

The story was ridiculous (how did all these dorms for hundreds of students pop up?) but it was a fun movie to waste some time.

5/10.