lightning shots

Ok I recently got a Olympus sp500uz camera and in the manual it says that I can take exposure shots . But I havent figured out how to use it. The U.M doesnt help me much on that. So I was wondering how I would go about finding out exposure shots so I can take a lightning shots during a storm cuase I want to at least take a 25 second exposure for lightning.

look at your shutter speed settings. By default it will be set to fractions of a second, so just make sure you raise it as far as you can or need to go.

my problem is it doesnt say how to raise them and i cant figure out how to. ive had it almost a month and i tried asking some people if they knew how to but it was in vain.

I'd suggest you read your manual, I have found another one with your problem, then I found another one who talks about how he uses aperture and shutter priority.

**UPDATE** here is a link with pictures bout how to set shutter

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/sp500_pg3.html

That must mean your camera has some modes, and probably goes something like this P, A, S, M?

P = automatic

A= aperture priority

S= Shutter pirority

M= manual, or aperture & shutter

I use S most often in my camera, and let the camera figure out best aperture settings most of the time. I never use P unless I want blown highlights or blurry pictures.

If you have to you could try setting the Shutter for the longest setting you can then somehow keep that Shutter button pushed down and use burst mode so that you can overlay 15 second exposures on top of each other in something like photoshop so that you can get longer exposures.

thank you, i did read the user manual its crappy manual had really nothing in it. just said what the buttons mean and thats about it. but nothing on how to do the changing. But thank you for finding that site for me i appreciate it. =)

• 4 weeks later...