Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard build 9A241 leaked

How do you mean? I don't understand your vision. lol

As you type in a box, the page scrolls down with the text, so the text doesn't go offscreen.

Most of the time Neowin's reply boxes (the ones where you can type a post in) are larger than my browser window is. So when making a long sentense it will go off the visible area and you have to scroll to see it. In Safari 3 the browser will do this for you.

I don't know another way to explain it sorry.

If you were to Option-Command-+ (zoom in), will the screen get zoomed in vector or will it still show up pixelated?

Yeah what about this neowave?

Oh, and how about the new developer software? Hows that? :)

^ Sweet! I understand it now. Thanks for explaining it ;)

Cool! :)

Hey Neowave,

If you were to Option-Command-+ (zoom in), will the screen get zoomed in vector or will it still show up pixelated?

Same as 10.4 Tiger: pixelated. I haven't found the utility/prefpane yet to enable "Vector Aqua".

Is it me or are these buttons now oval?:

circlemd6.png

...or were they always oval? lol

Same as 10.4 Tiger: pixelated. I haven't found the utility/prefpane yet to enable "Vector Aqua".
Aww...maybe in the final build.

They are oval. Automator's toolbar is pretty screwed up. My guess is that they just squeezed in those buttons without scaling them properly or modify the toolbar to support them.

Well it's official, Mac OS X Leopard is going to support icons up to 512x512 pixels.

picture1ly6.png

We all know the only reason they're doing this is to annoy Microsoft (Windows Vista's icons "only" go up to 256x256 pixels). :laugh:

Neowave calm down with the updates! :laugh:

haha sorry. :blush: There's really more to this build than meets the eye, I think it's one of the coolest betas to date because you actually get to explore and search for new stuff.

When I come across something, I tend to quickly make a shot of it and post it here so you guys can see it too. ;)

Anyway, I'm calling it a day. ;)

Edited by Neowave

I enjoy Neowave's updates. :p

Mucho information for people who don't have a WWDC subscription, or for people who haven't downloaded Leopard illegally. :p

How stable is the build?

It's pretty decent, haven't had one system crash yet altho it can be slow at times. Time Machine runs extremely crappy but that's probably because of my eMac. Preview is very ustable and crashes frequently.

Before I forget: Discs won't eject at all. Doesn't matter if it's a HDD, CD, DVD or .dmg image, ejecting does not work regardless what button you push or command you give.

Neowave, are iChat and Automator the only Brushed apps that got turned into Unified apps?

Yeah. Address Book, Calculator, Font Book, iCal, Quick Time Player and Safari remain unchanged.

Wow, is't OS X 10.4 with a Time Machine icon, COOL!!!!

I can see now why Apple doesn't consider this a service pack but a whole new operating system!

You don't understand the "Beta" concept very well.

Wow, is't OS X 10.4 with a Time Machine icon, COOL!!!!

I can see now why Apple doesn't consider this a service pack but a whole new operating system!

That is somewhat of an arrogant comment. The entire operating system will run natively either as 64-bit or 32-bit...no emulation. That means drivers, applications...all of it. This is not like Windows where there is a 64-bit version and a 32-bit version of the operating system. 32-bit applications are emulated on Windows x64, which is a performance hit. You can't use 32-bit drivers with Windows x64. This step by Apple is huge. Just because you don't see any eye candy, does not mean this isn't a substantial upgrade. Eye candy is sure to come after the groundwork is finished. You don't decorate an interface before you write the foundation...maybe that is where Vista got it wrong.

That is somewhat of an arrogant comment. The entire operating system will run natively either as 64-bit or 32-bit...no emulation. That means drivers, applications...all of it. This is not like Windows where there is a 64-bit version and a 32-bit version of the operating system. 32-bit applications are emulated on Windows x64, which is a performance hit. You can't use 32-bit drivers with Windows x64. This step by Apple is huge. Just because you don't see any eye candy, does not mean this isn't a substantial upgrade. Eye candy is sure to come after the groundwork is finished. You don't decorate an interface before you write the foundation...maybe that is where Vista got it wrong.

Exactly; A good analogy would be while you redecorating a room when its a work in progress it might just look like crap or even the same. It is the last 5 minutes that count, when you are putting the final touches on everything. Same goes for cooking. Judging the first release of Leopard and saying thats what it will look like in the spring is some what unrealistic. It's not like this is a Beta2 / RC1 of an OS ready to be deployed in the coming months.

Thanks for all these pictures and info Neowave some of these little things I have been wanting for a while! :D Leopard looks awesome even in this early stage.

P.S. Post more if you get the chance :D

Well I think I covered about everything. :)

I wonder how long it will take before Neowin has to remove all the screenshots and ban the Mac OS X Leopard subject from discussion, like with the Mac OS X Tiger betas. :rofl: