Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard build 9A241 leaked

That Safari icon is stunning at that size. :yes: :woot:

Does that mean it would still work on LCD displays that can only really work well at their native resolution?

lol yes, you could run your operating system at the native res of your display while having applications 3x there size, everything would be scaled up at the system level. The quality would be amazing, nothing like what we have today.

Nope. Mac OS X Leopard actually does those automatically now when capturing a window. Nice huh?

I noticed that Windows Vista's screenshot making tool still sees the entire Desktop and it's windows as one flat image. Pretty amazing that the Mac OS X interface is actually layered and can be captured as such.

Nice, always annoyed me that it never captured the nice shadows.

Why wait? ;)

Pages

[.img]http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8927/pageskw2.png[/.img]

Wow, that looks beautiful.

Exactly; A good analogy would be while you redecorating a room when its a work in progress it might just look like crap or even the same.

I think it's more like this.

"I'm redecorating my living room, what do you think of this lamp?"

"You call that a redecoration, it sucks!"

Does that mean it would still work on LCD displays that can only really work well at their native resolution?

It means the UI will look fine at any resolution or DPI, incase you have a LCD with a DPI double a normal CRT, the windows won't be half the size.

Few quick videos...

iChat's Tabs/Pending Message notification system (200k)

Safari's pie chart status/searching in safari (5.8Mb) (Sorry it's so sluggish, I recorded it on a 800MHz G4 iBook whle running Leopard off an iPod & Saving to the iPod :wacko:)?

I don't get that piechart thingy when a site is loading. It's just a normal bar like in Tiger. Did you change anything?://

Icon Composer 2 has a build-in Document template that allows you to make Aqua Documents for new applications. All you need is a logo you can use:

picture1pg3.png

Edited by Neowave

Shot of System Preferences with "Vector Aqua" enabled. It's EXTREMELY buggy and incomplete, when enabled the entire UI becomes one big warzone (even worse than Aero! :p ).

System Preferences at 1,5 times normal size:

picture1ua4.png

Edited by Neowave

I don't get that piechart thingy when a site is loading. It's just a normal bar like in Tiger. Did you change anything? :/

In Tiger the background in the Address bar filled in with an Aqua progress bar, now it can (if you enable it in debug menu) a pie chart. I don't think the pie chart was in Tiger.

I sent Photo Booth too my old iBook from my new MacBook, and it worked on their with my iSight.

Let's say if you send the new iChat too a 10.4... would this work?

No. iChat has much more under the hood than Photobooth does. It might beable to be done, but it would take some work.

True.

It might be done.

I remember it happened with Front Row also...

Icon Composer 2 has a build-in Document template...

You mean built-in? :p Anyway, how's the overall responsiveness re: the beachball, window resizing, etc.? And can spotlight act as an application launcher the way Quicksilver does?

In Tiger the background in the Address bar filled in with an Aqua progress bar, now it can (if you enable it in debug menu) a pie chart. I don't think the pie chart was in Tiger.

Aaaah that explains why I didn't get it. Thanks.

Thanks alot Neowave for all the information and photos, who knows how far behind we would be without you! :D

hehe you're welcome. ;)

I sent Photo Booth too my old iBook from my new MacBook, and it worked on their with my iSight.

Let's say if you send the new iChat too a 10.4... would this work?

Nope, unlike Photo Booth, iChat (and most other iApps like Mail, Safari, iCal, DVD Player etc.) requires updated frameworks that Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger lacks.

You mean built-in? :p Anyway, how's the overall responsiveness re: the beachball, window resizing, etc.? And can spotlight act as an application launcher the way Quicksilver does?

Eh yeah. Mac OS X Leopard feels slower than 10.4 Tiger but that's to be expected with it being a beta and all. I wouldn't know about how Quicksilver compares to Spotlight: I don't use it.

Aaaah that explains why I didn't get it. Thanks.

hehe you're welcome. ;)

Nope, unlike Photo Booth, iChat (and most other iApps like Mail, Safari, iCal, DVD Player etc.) requires updated frameworks that Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger lacks.

poop :no:

Few quick videos...

btw divinatum, you should make a movie showing people what it looks like when dragging tabs around and dropping one on the desktop. :shifty: ;)

True.

It might be done.

I remember it happened with Front Row also...

I made an attempt to do it, I broke Tiger while copying Frameworks.

btw divinatum, you should make a movie showing people what it looks like when dragging tabs around and dropping one on the desktop. :shifty: ;)

Will do.?:DD