Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard build 9A241 leaked

The pie chart progress indicator in Safari is really cool. They should place it in the tabs, replacing the current indicator, if you ask me.

Shiira 2.0 has a pie chart in it's tabs. One of the most clever little niceties, I'm glad to see it in Safari 3.0.

Why would anyone want the menus and apps that big??????

The older you get, the more difficult it is to see the screen. Now of course not too many people at the moment need the icons THAT big. But what happens when we get bigger monitors or higher resolutions? Better to support larger icons now so that everyone's applications will have no problem whenever a high enough resolution comes to where we need them.

I'm just worried that I will buy a 30" monitor and have it look like it has a resolution of 1024x786 because everything is so big... But if they make the size selectable then its good.

I made an attempt to do it, I broke Tiger while copying Frameworks.

If you put them all into one folder somewhere, then set (in terminal) a environmental variable, then open the Application, it will use Frameworks in that folder first, then use the system frameworks (easy way to test a updated framework in a app without recompiling, WebKit does it)

e.g.

export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Users/user/Desktop/Frameworks

open /Application/Safari.app

If you put them all into one folder somewhere, then set (in terminal) a environmental variable, then open the Application, it will use Frameworks in that folder first, then use the system frameworks (easy way to test a updated framework in a app without recompiling, WebKit does it)

e.g.

export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Users/user/Desktop/Frameworks

open /Application/Safari.app

:whistle: dooo dooo doo dodod dooo

Now I play the waiting game.

99:99:99 left!!!

15kbs.. ugh

It will take more than export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH. Your best bet is to just overwrite Tiger with Leopard. It's amazingly stable and fast.

yeah, cuz when I did that I lost all of my data...Leopart would not boot. I would recomed you back up your data first and then you do a clean install.

Could someone post a screenshot of a spotlight search in progress from the spotlight menu bar icon? (top right)

I'm interested to see the quick view thingy for images, & I'm also wondering if they've added the something like at the bottom of the Finder window that shows you where a file is located once you've clicked on it (& any other changes in general to spotlight).

Hey. Can someone confirm whether Safari can browse FTP directories (like FF does) without switching to the Finder?

One thing I noticed - they finally fixed the wallpaper-choosing. You can now specify as many folders as you want in the list of wallpaper sources.

Can you select smart folders?

I have some smart folders for different types of images, like 3D renders, nature or vector ones, and it annoys me that i can't select those in the prefpane.

Can you select smart folders?

I have some smart folders for different types of images, like 3D renders, nature or vector ones, and it annoys me that i can't select those in the prefpane.

No, you can add smartfolders to the selection pane but pictures do not show up

I'm just worried that I will buy a 30" monitor and have it look like it has a resolution of 1024x786 because everything is so big... But if they make the size selectable then its good.

Why would anyone want the menus and apps that big??????

It's for High DPI displays, not for anything Apple sells right now. To put it simple: While current Aqua will look normal on today's displays, all elements will be extremely tiny on the High DPI screens Apple's expecting to arrive around late 2007, begin 2008. To compensate for that you need to be able to scale the entire interface bigger.

It isn't really meant as a Universal Acces thing for the elderly or people that are visually disabled, altho it could be used for that too.

Edited by Neowave

One thing I noticed - they finally fixed the wallpaper-choosing. You can now specify as many folders as you want in the list of wallpaper sources.

Cool! I have several folders of pics that I would want to use, but didn't want to just mix the pics up!

Is there anyting fancy expected for Darwin now that it has been updated to version 9.0.0 in Leopard beta?

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0d1: Fri Jul 28 21:17:27 PDT 2006; root:xnu-933~1/RELEASE_PPC

Is there anyting fancy expected for Darwin now that it has been updated to version 9.0.0 in Leopard beta?

The Darwin kernel gets a new revision number for each 10.x update of the OS. There's nothing special about it going to 9.0.0 in Leopard. I'm sure there will be some new stuff (such as greater support of 64-bit systems), but nothing most average users will ever notice.

Hey. Can someone confirm whether Safari can browse FTP directories (like FF does) without switching to the Finder?

No, but this could change.

Could someone post a screenshot of a spotlight search in progress from the spotlight menu bar icon? (top right)

I'm interested to see the quick view thingy for images, & I'm also wondering if they've added the something like at the bottom of the Finder window that shows you where a file is located once you've clicked on it (& any other changes in general to spotlight).

The menu looks the same as far as I can tell.

Spotlight1.png

Spotlight2.png

Spotlight3.png

Spotlight4.png

Spotlight5.png

It's pretty annoying that you can't edit the "Everything, Images, QuickTime, People" list and that it doesn't seem to remember your "Custom" selection. Hopefully that will change asap.

Could be I overlooked something tho.

Thanks for the info/screenshots.

So you still can't quickly see where a particular file is or open the parent folder from spotlilght (like you can with Finder find).

Oh well :rolleyes: