DU Meter.....Data Storage

Question

Anyone use this and know where it stores its data...Implanning on a reformat but dont want to use my data as it tells me my cap usage .etc .etc

Is it possible to backup the data and then restore?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I had the same question so i emailed them this was the answer i got

1. Locate the "Log.csv" file in \program files\Dumeter folder and copy to a backup location. In windows XP it is in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hagel Technologies\DU Meter\log.csv (Log.csv may well be located in a different directory in Windows 2000 & ME) You may need to use Windows "Find" to locate "Log.csv" if you do not know its location.

2. Open Windows Registry editor by selecting "Run..." in Start menu, and typing "regedit" there. (If you have another Registry editor you prefer go ahead and use it)

3. Open the folder "LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE"

4. Locate the "Hagel" Folder, within should be a "DuMeter" folder, click to select.

5. in right pane you will see a key named "totals"

6. click once to highlight it,

7. click "Registry" menu

8. Choose "Export registry file"

9. In bottom "export range" window, select "selected branch. Window below should display "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hagel\DU Meter"

10. At "file save" dialog box note the directory you are saving to and type "Totals" without parenthesis and click save.

11. Close Registry Editor.

You can now uninstall DuMeter through add/remove programs in Control panel and reboot.

After reinstalling DuMeter and once again closing.

1. copy the backed up "Log.csv" file to \program files\Dumeter folder.

2. Open Windows Registry editor by selecting "Run..." in Start menu, and typing "regedit" there. (If you have another Registry editor you prefer go ahead and use it)

3. Open the folder "LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE"

4. Locate the "Hagel" Folder, within should be a "DuMeter" folder, click to select.

5. click "Registry" menu

6. Choose "import registry file"

7. Locate "totals.reg" file previously exported and click open . you should get a message stating the information has been successfully entered to registry

8. Close Registry Editor.