AutoPatcher XP August 2006

I downloaded august XP full. I received error message when i tried to update *winxp com...*. Of course, some of below this hotfix in the same catagory don't update successfully.

does anybody here have the same problem.?

thanks

just a heads up if anyone noticed, i was in the process of moving things about on my mirror and my net decided to go walkies for a good few hours so my mirror was down for a while (6 hours or so), it is however now fine so er carry on? :)

Just downloaded, sllimmed and repacked it.

Great work guys, If u got a nickle every time somoene had downloaded AP u would be out of our league now :)

If u got a nickle every time somoene had downloaded AP u would be out of our league now :)

i know, OddStar told me in a pm yesterday that he's already shifted around 650,000 downloads totaling 2.2TB. the english xp full release accounts for around 513,000 of those downloads :woot:

wow, that is impressive, especially when you consider the other handful of mirrors must be pushing a fair few copies as well

Well, it's only the 16th and already the Full version has been downloaded 827,492 times. Go Cachefly :)

i know, OddStar told me in a pm yesterday that he's already shifted around 650,000 downloads totaling 2.2TB. the english xp full release accounts for around 513,000 of those downloads :woot:

Well, it's only the 16th and already the Full version has been downloaded 827,492 times. Go Cachefly :)

how the hell do you do it that many times? my mirror has only had it requested from around 2000 different IP adresses

edit: are you talking about just the august 2006 full there? (i am)

Minor point:

Among the critical updates, 899589 and 917537 are not applicable for XP home edition (as stated in the corresponding MS05-046 and MS06-034 respectively). They refer to components that are not part of Home edition.

It might be helpful if Autopatcher could distinguish between XP Pro and XP Home and not mark those two as not installed if the user is running XP home (or better still not list them).

Yes, this is just the August XP Full file...It's distributed through 6 different servers.

how the hell do you do it that many times? my mirror has only had it requested from around 2000 different IP adresses

edit: are you talking about just the august 2006 full there? (i am)

Yes, this is just the August XP Full file...It's distributed through 6 different servers.

and you're sure its 800,000 complete downloads? eg someone downloading it in 4 parts counts as 1 not 4 etc

checking now i've got 2264 unique IPs for august full so i still can't see how you manage 400 times the amount :p it'd be interesting to see how many downloads the other mirrors are doing

hi guys

I get this error message when i try to run AP august full/lite...

( Module Panic on window update v6). I use win xp pro sp2.

Obs:this is the first time i try to use AP,so forgive my ignorrance plz-:)

thanks for ur time

What about the Brazilian Portuguese Release?

The author thanks Gondolas for it, but I can't see any sign of that.

Hope it comes! :)

Please, i need the Portuguese Brazil version! Gandolas ??? :cry:

I waiting for Brazilian Portuguese Release too. If this come out mail me. Thanks!

I really hope the dutch version will be available soon. Hurry up! :D

fine job on this Autopatcher thingie btw! Saves me a lot of time and trouble :yes:

offtopic: Is there an Autopatcher for SP1 as well? can't find it anywhere.. Or isnt it necessary once youve updated to SP2 and used autopatcher after that.. In other words: does Autopatcher include patches BEFORE SP2 as well?

Hi, first of all i would just like to say great software and devotion from the AutoPatcher team.

Unfortunatly i have encountered a problem, i downloaded the full august version and extracted it and ran it, but when it was installing it froze at 95% with the hotfixe KB884020, i was forced to restart my pc and try again, same thing, then i uninstalled the hotfixe from Add/Remove and tried installing it alone using autopatcher same thing, i'm installing the rest of the updats without problem so far, what could be the problem wtih that hotfixe? and how can i fix it ? i'm running a windows xp sp2.

P.S: How can i subscribe to get updates news of autopatcher, i subscribed but i dont think i subscribed to the correcte thing because i didn't get an email telling me the august version was out...

wanted to edit my previous post to add the following but i couldn't find the edit button, weird, any way:

Some updates gots installed too fast and actualy end up not installed like KB891122 , KB910998 ...

I read the FAQ it said that when that happens it's probably because of the username but if that was the problem i'm guessing it would't have installed anythign and also my username is only alphabetical characters so don't think it's the problem.

wanted to edit my previous post to add the following but i couldn't find the edit button, weird, any way:

Some updates gots installed too fast and actualy end up not installed like KB891122 , KB910998 ...

I read the FAQ it said that when that happens it's probably because of the username but if that was the problem i'm guessing it would't have installed anythign and also my username is only alphabetical characters so don't think it's the problem.

please list all of the hotfixes that aren't installing properly for you

I want to know as to how do I install this autopather thing. I have never used this before. Can some body guide me. I t will be really helpful to me as well as other who would come across this wonderful concept for the first time.

<snip>

please dont quote large amounts of text unecessarily - theblazingangel

Edited by theblazingangel