V for Vendetta

Bottom line:

1. Comic was better, as is most cases where books have been made into movies. I recommend you see the movie then read the book, that way you wont be dissapointed with the movie because of what they left out because it really is a good movie for what it is.

2. Not the most intellectual movie ever, but ranks up there

3. If you didn't like it you more then likely didn't understand it, try watching it again.

4. This movie isn't an action movie, don't go into it thinking it is. The movie had just the right amount of action. I believe the studio messed up by advertising it as "From the guys who brought you The Matrix."

5. Certainly not the best movie of all time, but certainly ranks up there.

Well i finally got round to watching this film last night and i must say this 'why di di take so long to watch it' i loved it...

think i might watch it again tonight!!

5/5!!!

What he said, but about 5-6 days ago, The posters and pictures i saw around wile the movie was out didn't get me interested at all, but i decided to give in as i couldn't think of anything to buy, and i must say, i really enjoyed this movie, had my attention all the way through.

I Thought it had a great story and the right amount of action in it for the story itself.

5/5

I thought the movie was rather dull.

you werent listening were you :whistle:

im guessing you probably dozed off during one of V's big speeches or rants. :pinch: at least thats what happened to my friends... they started talking and stuff instead of paying attention to the [truely important] message.

my favorite part besides where he speaks that whole paragraph or so with all Vs, and the part where he is up against all the armed men, has to be the dominos, that was just cool. :yes:

Those dominos were pretty sweet. Wonder how they got all that filmed and setup? Must have taken quite a while.

That's one thing I noticed the film did do better than the comic, the dominoes lol. In the comic it was quite a simple layout, Hollywood demands spectacular hi-tech domino effects I guess.

I didnt like the dominoes. It just struck me as a "wow" factor attempt. I see it as, are we supposed to beleive this guy placed them all perfectly, in his initial, only to set them off. Which room had them? Etc etc. I break it down too much, but things like that annoy me.

It had great potential but it just didn't seem to pull it off that well IMO. It wasn't a bad film but some parts were kinda weak and cheesy though, maybe that's just V's character, I didn't have much interest in him before the film so I can't compare to his comic persona.

I didnt like the dominoes. It just struck me as a "wow" factor attempt. I see it as, are we supposed to beleive this guy placed them all perfectly, in his initial, only to set them off. Which room had them? Etc etc. I break it down too much, but things like that annoy me.

Yes, I agree it felt a bit misplaced in the movie, but it played a metaphorical role anyway, with the dominoes falling representing cause and effect, with the final brick standing and being left for Evey to set off with the train. (hence why that brick also was in the train)

Great performances by Weaving, Portman, and Hurt, as well as some of the smaller actors.

However, this whole totalitarian concept is beginning to be old news. If you have seen 1984, Fahrenheit 451 and other movies, it makes V for Vendetta kind of dull. I give it 6/10

Yeh but it was written in the early 80's. Admittedly this is still thirty years after Orwell but still, Alan Moore did a good job of visualising some of the technology being applied in the comic.

This movie was a great one. I liked how they never revield his face and how they got their message across about freedom and what it takes to have it.

But.... if you want a really good intellectual movie, when it comes out to dvd, watch "Thank You for Smoking." one of the best independent funny movies I have ever seen.

I hear there once again trying to kick start a film version of Watchmen (another of Alan Moores comics) which they have been trying to do since it was published in 86. I wish they could actually put out a film that is the book rather than altering it.

Those dominos were pretty sweet. Wonder how they got all that filmed and setup? Must have taken quite a while.

The domino scene (where V tips over black and red dominoes to form a giant letter V) involved 22,000 dominoes, was assembled by four professional domino assemblers, and took 200 hours to set up.

Best Film ive seen about politacal things

I saw yesturday night on my PsP it got a little boring in some parts but over all a good film

i like how V talks using that kind of language

a real Turn on to the girls lol

Just watched this the other day as i was ill and off work, i have to admit i didnt think i would enjoy it at all but i was suprised at how good it was.

Great movie, but I personally thought there was something missing. The acting was pretty good and the directing was pretty good, but some of the scenes just looked odd to me. Not that they didn't fit, but that there were either bad set designs or bad choices for shooting the movie. I loved the message, though. Movie could've gone a little bit more into the story behind V and what happened to him, but that part was pretty good, too.

4.5/5

• 1 month later...

Brilliant. So much depth, so many hidden messages, made me watch again and again.

I noticed attacks on the 9/11 Bush etc...the Holocaust, Nazi Germany, and, of course, the Matrix.

5 Pikachu Clocks!

Yeah, I like this movie as well (watched a few months ago). You do need to turn on the subtitles though to understand the movie fully ^^ (english is not my first language)

WARNING SPOILERRRRR

Just wondering of the scene where Natalie got her hair cut - can't she see who cut her hair?? I mean, she's in a bright room when she got it cut, she can at least see him

I thought it was pretty good. I would have liked to see some things a little more fleshed out though. I also thought the ending was a little cheesy.

I loved this film, definitely one of my all time favourite films now. It's refreshing to see a political film out there that's so engrossing, especially one that takes place somewhere other than the USA.