Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii) screens

I love Rayman. In my mind, these are some of the best platformers out there including Rayman's best outing, Rayman 2: The Great Escape. I can't wait for this one and will certainly pick it up at launch. The Wii just gets more and more exciting everyday. I wish preorders would go up now, but if I don't end up preordering I will probably camp out for one somewhere.

game looks great , graphics look rubbish

exactly... I can't wait to try the Wii, and I certainly may buy one, but damn.... those screenies there certainly look low poly.... doesn't look to me like next-gen graphics

exactly... I can't wait to try the Wii, and I certainly may buy one, but damn.... those screenies there certainly look low poly.... doesn't look to me like next-gen graphics

They aren't next-gen in the sense that Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are. Nintendo has made it obvious they weren't even trying to get to that for the past year and people are still surprised?

This is one of the best looking Wii games though, something that clearly couldn't be done on GameCube and would be a stretch for Xbox.

Graphics look great, dunno what some of you are complaining about. Hopefully they have something like a next-gen Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy doesn't look super good to me dunno why. :/

I wonder how that game is going to work with the Wii controller.

It looks more like a standard 3d platformer.

(Also, who gives a **** about the graphics.)

I think the graphics look awesome. I don't know WTF you guys are complaining about. You need to get your eyes checked. Of course they aren't on par with the 360 and PS3, but they are still better than the current gen.

I think the graphics look awesome. I don't know WTF you guys are complaining about. You need to get your eyes checked. Of course they aren't on par with the 360 and PS3, but they are still better than the current gen.

I agree, I think it looks fun and generally attractive visually which is all we can really go by at this stage.

some people are just getting too fussy about graphics.. this look very good to me and i'd be very happy to play this. hell the best graphics card i have is the radeon 1600 in my imac and my pc which is pretty damn old now is a gforce 64mb card. when did it become more important for a game to look good then be fun. as i have said over and over on these forums the games i play the most are still nes games.. good old mario bros an bubble bobble. haha. bring on fun gameplay with this new wiimote!!

Screens don't look low poly at all...what are you talking about? Couple of jaggies here and there, but you could say the same about 360 and PS3 games.

game looks great , graphics look rubbish

Oh no it hurts their eyes! :rolleyes: :laugh:

What an odd game. I want to give it a try. Plungers? haha

The graphics look great, it still has that cartoon feel in Rayman games.

The Wii is about next-gen gameplay not next-gen graphics, Nintendo made that point very clear a while ago (and if Nintendo wanted to make the Wii a graphics powerhouse (like the PS3/Xbox 360) they would have) If graphics are all that matter to you, then stick to the PS3/Xbox 360, if your looking for innovative gameplay (I'm sure you could argue that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are also inovative as well, with their cameras (EyeToy/Vision) and the PS3's motion sensor in the controller, but you have to admit the Wii takes it to completely different level) then the Wii is for you. Also I wouldn't dismiss the Wii simply cause it is not HD.

EDIT: Tobe a complete smartarse, you could say the Wii is HD..where HD stood for Highly Desirable :p

Edited by Xerxes

Is it REALLY a party game? If it is I'm not interesting. I just want a classic Rayman platformer like Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

It's not Mario Party if that's what you're asking.

To be strict I guess you could say like Rayman meets Warioware. Except instead of 10 second minigames Rayman's are much longer and more involved.

It's not Mario Party if that's what you're asking.

To be strict I guess you could say like Rayman meets Warioware. Except instead of 10 second minigames Rayman's are much longer and more involved.

That's fine I guess. I'll have to wait for reviews to come in for it and I have to try it out for myself before I consider purchasing it. Probably won't get it at launch then.

The Wii is about next-gen gameplay not next-gen graphics, Nintendo made that point very clear a while ago (and if Nintendo wanted to make the Wii a graphics powerhouse (like the PS3/Xbox 360) they would have)

Whenever I see this argument, I wonder: if Nintendo could've, why didn't they? Why not make the ultimate console? Innovative and graphically outstanding?