Steorn reveal date: Friday April 13th

It seems a company hitherto unheard of has produced what might just revolutionise not only the fuel industry, but also our current understanding of the "laws" of physics.

Steorn Ltd., based in Dublin, Ireland claims to have come up with what many (if not all) believe to be a method of generating the impossible; FREE energy. The most outrageous and perhaps contentious finding is that according to Steorn, and apparently independantly verified, there is no identifiable environmental source of the energy.

Steorn recently published an advertisement in the Econimist magazine, challenging the scientific community; "The most qualified and the most cynical" to investigate and verify (hopefully) their findings:

In 2003 Steorn undertook a project to develop more efficient micro generators. Early into this project the company developed certain generator configurations that appeared to be over 100% efficient. Further investigation and development has led to the company?s current technology, a technology that produces free energy. The technology is patent pending.

Steorn is making three claims for its technology:

1. The technology has a coefficient of performance greater than 100%.

2. The operation of the technology (i.e. the creation of energy) is not derived from the degradation of its component parts.

3. There is no identifiable environmental source of the energy (as might be witnessed by a cooling of ambient air temperature).

The sum of these claims is that our technology creates free energy.

Links:

Homepage

Detailed Info

Edited by Fred Derf

Hmm...

According to information available from the Irish Companies Registration Office, Steorn has not filed accounts since October 28, 2004. Under current Companies Registration Office practice[7] strike-off procedures could begin against Steorn by the end of October 2006. A strike-off would have serious consequences, such as the loss of Steorn's limited liability status. Furthermore, any assets of the company, including any patents or other intellectual property, would become the property of the Irish State.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

Poll: Do you think the scientific community should accept our challenge?

"No" is currently winning (56%)

It's strange, that. I genuinely don't know why people are saying "No".... Why wouldn't they want to investigate this? Any ideas?

I must say, governments, the energy industry and others will be EXTREMELY opposed to the vision of this. If true, it stands to wipe out their entire econimic standing.

It's strange, that. I genuinely don't know why people are saying "No".... Why wouldn't they want to investigate this? Any ideas?

I must say, governments, the energy industry and others will be EXTREMELY opposed to the vision of this. If true, it stands to wipe out their entire econimic standing.

I voted "no" as it was too preposterous to be true and I don't think it is worth the waste of time to investigate it. If they are correct then 2000 years of physics is meaningless (which I doubt).

I voted "no" as it was too preposterous to be true and I don't think it is worth the waste of time to investigate it. If they are correct then 2000 years of physics is meaningless (which I doubt).

yeah, we think were so smart.

Remember when the world was flat?

Remember when the world was flat?

Science is built on observation and experiments while "world was flat" was ignorance. I agree with Fred, the claim itself is proposterious, Madonna's magical water to solve nuclear waste sounds better.

Science is built on observation and experiments while "world was flat" was ignorance. I agree with Fred, the claim itself is proposterious, Madonna's magical water to solve nuclear waste sounds better.

I very much doubt that they'd outright lie. In fact, my father (i'm Luke) told me last night (he's a PhD in Mechanical Engineering) that when he was doing his MSc, he already knew about the technology that thyr'e using. He knows his physics, my dad, and he didn't say its ridiculous, which i thought he might.

There's an incredible amount to lose on the back of phoney claims, and as far as i can tell, they've already had some "behind closed doors" verifications of their technology from qualified, i think they call them "scientists" or something like that.

This announcement was so exciting to me because now they're publicising their findings and asking for broader investigation.

While the Earth never was flat, it only takes one verifiable set of data from this technology to negate the laws of Physics it directly contradicts. This isn't something so unbelievable. It just means up till now, there has been no data like this, no device or machine like this and no known example of this or any technology producing this 100% "free" energy.

If it all gets verified, new "laws" of Physics will be defined. Which is precisely why "scientists" and their worshippers can be so annoyingly arrogant sometimes because they fail to acknowledge in their discourses so often that their "laws" are useful, but only as "best known evidence" conclusions.

I very much doubt that they'd outright lie. In fact, my father (i'm Luke) told me last night (he's a PhD in Mechanical Engineering) that when he was doing his MSc, he already knew about the technology that thyr'e using. He knows his physics, my dad, and he didn't say its ridiculous, which i thought he might.

There's an incredible amount to lose on the back of phoney claims, and as far as i can tell, they've already had some "behind closed doors" verifications of their technology from qualified, i think they call them "scientists" or something like that.

This announcement was so exciting to me because now they're publicising their findings and asking for broader investigation.

While the Earth never was flat, it only takes one verifiable set of data from this technology to negate the laws of Physics it directly contradicts. This isn't something so unbelievable. It just means up till now, there has been no data like this, no device or machine like this and no known example of this or any technology producing this 100% "free" energy.

If it all gets verified, new "laws" of Physics will be defined. Which is precisely why "scientists" and their worshippers can be so annoyingly arrogant sometimes because they fail to acknowledge in their discourses so often that their "laws" are useful, but only as "best known evidence" conclusions.

here here

When they didn't know the world was round was certainly ignorance.

The same goes for new technologies that have yet to be invented, and new things about the world that are yet to be discovered.

When you begin to deny that there is more to learn about the universe is when you have chosen to become ignorant yourself. At the time they thought the earth was flat there were those who thought that the idea of the world being round was proposterous. How could those people ever dream that one day man would walk on the moon.

Nobody is denying that we haven't solved all the mysteries of the universe but like you said it takes is some physical evidence to back up these claims. If true it would contradict the basic laws of thermodynamics. Those basic and well established laws have tons of empirical evidence to support them.

Sure we all know the Earth is round. There are a billion ways to prove it but telling people you've created energy from nothing is like telling people the world isn't round.

This is just another interweb scam....lol.

the energy industry would love this non-existant technology, 0 costs, 100% profit.

Why would they want to hide something that would make them even more money?

the energy industry would love this non-existant technology, 0 costs, 100% profit.

According to the marketing materials, you'd "never have to re-charge your phone" and "never have to re-charge your car, so i think their technology is [drum-roll] portable, which is the most exciting thing about this i think.

Here's a few interesting pointers about "science":

http://www.thefinaltheory.com/scienceflaws.html

Edited by alsheron

According to the marketing materials, you'd "never have to re-charge your phone" and "never have to re-charge your car, so i think their technology is [drum-roll] portable, which is the most exciting thing about this i think.

Wow, there are a lot of mistakes on that page, whoever wrote it doesn't have a grasp of the materials he's "refuting"

I'm not going to bother refuting his stuff though, it would be like arguing with a brick wall, some people just don't want to listen.

Edit: ohh, they are pushing a book, that's why (i find it funny they are taking pot-shots at Dark Matter, we just found good evidence for that a few days ago)

Don't you just love meta-science wrapped in hint of theology pretending to be science.

Don't you just love meta-science wrapped in hint of theology pretending to be science.

I do! :D It's brilliant.... I think it's called "science fiction"! The Borg are coming! Aaarrrgh!

I fully appreciate that some of our 2000 years worth of physics could be wrong. However, if a huge revelation is to come it will be from a theoretical research program at a University and not from an small company doing applied research that is trying to shill a product.

The energy industry would hate this product. As supply becomes infinite the demand becomes relatively 0 (mathametically).

The energy industry would hate this product. As supply becomes infinite the demand becomes relatively 0 (mathametically).

Pfft, we don't need no stinking mathematics. :D

Your right, limitless supply, relatively low demand, you have issues, but these energy companies are so good at making money out of a tapped resource, even better for them if it costs nothing to get the energy out (e.g. get rid of fuel and go for electric cars, charge for the ability to charge the cars, and run them all off the non-existant free energy device)

Never-mind, that in the future demand will go up, and they won't have to deal with any issues that would arise from increasing supply.

Woohoo I can finally tell the power company to go shove it! YAY! :happy:

Now to wait and see... :unsure:

Pfft, we don't need no stinking mathematics. :D

Your right, limitless supply, relatively low demand, you have issues, but these energy companies are so good at making money out of a tapped resource, even better for them if it costs nothing to get the energy out (e.g. get rid of fuel and go for electric cars, charge for the ability to charge the cars, and run them all off the non-existant free energy device)

Never-mind, that in the future demand will go up, and they won't have to deal with any issues that would arise from increasing supply.

But it would cost them money to do what you said, these companies don't want to spend any money whatsoever. Pigs at the trough.

But it would cost them money to do what you said, these companies don't want to spend any money whatsoever. Pigs at the trough.

Well, i would assume they work on a cost/benift scheme, where they go for a bit of cost for a large benefit.

Then again, i might be giving them too much credit :p