OMG! Guess what Apple just sent me.

You should return it, or at the very least tell them in an email, sent quite subtly to their generic email dept. Then you'll have a tangible alibi. Not much hope though, i'm sure a few apple workers here will've caught wind of this, so you may be getting a notice from them soon.

man, how many times does this have to be said: Keep the laptop for 6 months, and if they dont contact you, they dont contact you! this isnt a karma issue and you are not taking someone else' new macbook pro, this was a simple error on apple's fault, and although calln them up and telling them about the mistake may seem to be the right thing to do, you be a huge sucker for it. look, they were gunna give you the new one anyways, and the old one if not repaired was probably gunna get tossed!

Apple made the choice to send you the new laptop and keep your old one. Instead, they return your old one but don't ask for the new one back. I'd keep it. Incase they call back or something just tell them you gave it away or sold it on Ebay.

Karma, Whatever goes around, comes around. lol

Exactly. Apple has screwed him over for the past 6 months with a faulty products, now he gets 2 of them that are working good hopefully

I checked out my repaired MBP last night. The machine seems flawless and it doesn't have the CPU whine anymore. :D

Attached. Pics of the documentation that shipped with the machine. Just to confirm. Seems that Apple repaired nearly all of the machine. It originally only went in for a fried Bluetooth module. :wacko:

post-61366-1156318103_thumb.jpg

post-61366-1156318116_thumb.jpg

:D

Edited by thefunkymunky

Call Apple. For a start, I believe under UK law it's around six years, not six months that it's still theirs.

I was in a similar situation about a year and a half ago - my iMac G5 had completely died, and this was its fifth repair - I was fed up with Rev.A hardware, so I asked for it to be swapped with a Powerbook G4. I got the fixed iMac sent back to me, and the Powerbook turned up a week or two later. I was busy and never got around to calling Apple about it (I had no intention of keeping it) but when I called up about the Powerbook (it was supposed to have 2gig, and was sent with 512mb) they noticed that I still had the iMac, so they arranged for collection and got a box sent out along with the RAM.

Hmm they'll probably ask you about it when you call them next time for a repair or technical problem. It could result in them either charging you the retail value or not giving you support until you pay or give them what's theirs.

Who's a lucky boy then? :D

I think I'd act dumb & just say that you thought they'd sent you a new one as well as repairing your old one as a good will gesture because of all the terrible problems you've had in the past ;)

(If they ever contated you about it)

Well if you tell them of their mistake they have 3 months I think to return it.

If you don't and they don't contact you, they have 6 months to get it and if they don't it's yours.

They have to pay all return costs.

Selling it is theft, you could be jailed.

If you want the new one then explain their mistake and ask them to send you a returns package so a courier can collect it or take it to the P/O.

Apple will probably realise their errors and let you keep the new one for a return of the old one.

regardless, keep it a while dude, everyone is saying 6 months and that is honestly simply to cover your butt. If i knew for a fact that this isnt gunna come back to bite you, i would say keep it or sell it ;) but its all about covering ur ass, and thats why just to be safe, put the new MBP away in a safe place and forget about it for 4-6 months ;) hehehehehe

I'd return the repaired one. I have a strong feeling Apple will find out and not perform any warranty service on either laptop until you send back the repaired one. You can't sell it either because of this because who ever gets it and they need service, they couldn't get it either and could hold you criminally responsible for it.

Don't dabble in stuff like this, call Apple and fess that they goofed up and sent you back the fixed laptop. If anything, call the Customer Relations guy and explain to him what happened. Apple did their deed by sending you a new MBP because you had a lot of issues with your last one, don't go and take advantage of a good thing.

I'd return the repaired one. I have a strong feeling Apple will find out and not perform any warranty service on either laptop until you send back the repaired one. You can't sell it either because of this because who ever gets it and they need service, they couldn't get it either and could hold you criminally responsible for it.

Don't dabble in stuff like this, call Apple and fess that they goofed up and sent you back the fixed laptop. If anything, call the Customer Relations guy and explain to him what happened. Apple did their deed by sending you a new MBP because you had a lot of issues with your last one, don't go and take advantage of a good thing.

:|

I would keep it / sell it.