• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Buying Panasonic SC-AK640 speakers seperately?

+Elliot B.    1,580

I will buy the Panasonic SC-AK640 soon (?165) and although it is a 540W stereo, I want more power. I was originally going to buy another Panasonic SC-AK640 and use all six speakers in one of the units but it would mean I'd have a seperate unit doing nothing.

Is it possible to buy the speakers seperately? Do Panasonic offer this directly? If it's not cheaper, I'll just buy two entire systems, but of course if it is> cheaper to buy the speakers somehow without the uni, I'll buy the speakers alone.

Cheers!

bangbang023    31

1). No they don't.

2). You're going top have two subs? Only two boxes are speakers. The third is a sub woofer.

3). You'll simply cut the power by half going to each speaker by doubling up on them and kill your sound quality. You won't get more power, just more speakers using less power. It will still be 540w.

moved to home theater forum

+Elliot B.    1,580

1). No they don't.

2). You're going top have two subs? Only two boxes are speakers. The third is a sub woofer.

3). You'll simply cut the power by half going to each speaker by doubling up on them and kill your sound quality. You won't get more power, just more speakers using less power. It will still be 540w.

moved to home theater forum

I have a Sharp CD-C621 at the moment and it comes with two fairly loud speakers. When we put a mates other two speakers in to the system at the same time, the overall volume is certainly louder :/

... and yeh, when I say six speakers, I mean four speakers and two subs.

bangbang023    31

It may be a bit louder sounding because there's more of it, but there's certainly no power gain. The power is from the built in amp in the main unit, not the speakers.

+Elliot B.    1,580

It may be a bit louder sounding because there's more of it, but there's certainly no power gain. The power is from the built in amp in the main unit, not the speakers.

I may have worded it wrong. Basically I mean if I have 2x Panasonic SC-AK640 systems (two units, four speakers and two subs) and plug the speakers and subs from both into one of the units, will it be twice as loud as if I only use the speakers and sub from one of the systems?

bangbang023    31

No because, as I said, you're looking for a power gain and there won't be any of it. There will be more sound in the sense that there will be more speakers, but they will be underpowered and will probably lose sound quality as a result. I'd rather have good sound than more sound any day of the week.