Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 RC1

Just tried it. Everything worked pretty well, except....I lost my email connection. It said I wasn't connected to the Internet. IE 7 and Maxthon worked well though.

I uninstalled it and still couldn't connect with my email. I still had a "help" link in my toolbar. I used system restore (I set my own restore point) and now everything is fine. The "help" link is now gone too.

Just that little matter of my email :blink:

Just a word of warning to Logitech SetPoint users out there, uninstalling IE7 BETA will wipe your setpoint settings, I do not now why or how but this has happened when I updated to BETA3 and now RC1 as well! it is very strange! - I have alot of custom menus on my logitech keyboard set and also custom buttons on my MX1000 so was quite annoyed but luckily from the last time it happened I saved screenshots of each custom menu so I knew what to put back to what button :)

Also it looks like this RC1 release fixes the disk cleanup entry :laugh:

This is a good thing :)

hehehe, good point. :D

PS: by the way, RC1 is running fine here. Still have some troubles like it won't go automatic for the next blank windows when u're on a internet banking site, and it still eating my RAM with 2,3 or four tabs opened. Using like 50mb.

Going back again to I.E 6 =|

Installed 7, Norton antivirus stopped working. Any one else with this problem?

Uninstalled 7 and all was well again.

I know with McAfee, my anti-virus service didn't work at all until Beta 3 when McAfee issued a compatibility update. Maybe Norton will do the same thing.

ACID2 test comparison with Opera:

Not that the ACID2 test really matters, but I thought the result was quite funny.

post-27111-1156457783.jpg

The only thing I don't like of IE7 since the first release and is still present in RC1 is the EXPIRED LOADING TIME, when a webpage have maaany images (300, 400 or more images), after more or less 30sec the loading cancels and I need to reload the webpage to continue the downloading the rest of the images :angry:

Installed 7, Norton antivirus stopped working. Any one else with this problem?

Uninstalled 7 and all was well again.

No problems with Norton

It seems Tabs get disabled if you try installing from "update.exe", and tabs cant be enabled

Run the other self extracting exe's in the folder after update.exe. The xml one adds tabs and then another is required for explorer to even run (missing dll without).

RC1 is pretty good. It's going to take me some time to convince myself that its better than Firefox.

Thats because it isnt...

BTW, has anyone noticed how tiny the writing on The Register is with IE7 yet? www.theregister.co.uk

Compare that with Firefox and IE6

Wtf did Microsoft do? :blink:

does anyone know where i can locate the changelog for it i would like to check it out.

RC1 is pretty good. It's going to take me some time to convince myself that its better than Firefox.
I still don't think IE7 is quite as good as Firefox 2.0. The latter just seems easier to customize.

Just for anyone who runs into the problem that I did...

I ran into a "normaliz.dll cannot be found, explorer.exe cannot start" after I uninstalled beta 3, rebooted, and then installed RC1.

The way to fix this:

1. control+alt+delete ...the task manager will load.

2. go to File --> New task --> Browse. Browse to where the IE7 RC1 installer is.

3. Assuming you have WinRAR (or something able to unzip installers) unzip the contents of the IE7 installer.

4. Inside you will find the "normaliz.dll" in question. Right Click --> Copy.

5. Go to your Windows\system32 directory --> paste.

6. Then hit cancel a bunch of times to get back to the task manager

7. go to File --> New task

8. type "explorer.exe" (without the quotes) and hit OK...explorer should now load.

I hope this helps.

p.s. Important note: When I unRAR'd the installer for RC1 I did not find the normaliz.dll file inside ...I had to go find my installer from Beta 3 to get the file, strange, but it worked.

Just for anyone who runs into the problem that I did...

I ran into a "normaliz.dll cannot be found, explorer.exe cannot start" after I uninstalled beta 3, rebooted, and then installed RC1.

The way to fix this:

1. control+alt+delete ...the task manager will load.

2. go to File --> New task --> Browse. Browse to where the IE7 RC1 installer is.

3. Assuming you have WinRAR (or something able to unzip installers) unzip the contents of the IE7 installer.

4. Inside you will find the "normaliz.dll" in question. Right Click --> Copy.

5. Go to your Windows\system32 directory --> paste.

6. Then hit cancel a bunch of times to get back to the task manager

7. go to File --> New task

8. type "explorer.exe" (without the quotes) and hit OK...explorer should now load.

I hope this helps.

p.s. Important note: When I unRAR'd the installer for RC1 I did not find the normaliz.dll file inside ...I had to go find my installer from Beta 3 to get the file, strange, but it worked.

Thanx for this my friend! :yes:

Loving this build, it runs smoothly on my XP with SP2, loads really really quick and renders all sites perfectly!

Those tricky bastards! I had filed a bug report back when IE7 beta 1 first came out saying that Favorites and Links would lose their favicons after a short period of time. They closed it, saying that it was By Design and would not be fixed. Well what do you know, IE7 RC1 saves the favicons for Favorites and Links!

Very funny about Norton, I know I should know better than admit I use it, but Zonealarm was such a dissapointment, especially there Customer couldn't care less we have the money now, so Screw you attitude, I went back to Norton. I tried something else honest, but at least it works. Just put my asbestos suite on so Im ready.

A word of WARNING to those that will replace a certain dll to install it on an illegal version of Windows: Do NOT do that. It knackers your explorer.exe and Windows will stop starting.

I guess I can post this here? I don't Neowin does endorse piracy etc., but can we help those who may travel to the dark side?