Myth about digital?

Ok I was talking to a photographer he said that with digital everything is made into pixels, so you can't have real curved lines unlike 35 mm.

Is this true?

0 O look pretty curved to me :p They are made of pixils. I guess I can see what he is saying, it may be true. There isn't any true curve, but why does it matter? If you look close at a curved image, it is just pixils. I attatched one. There is color around it because of cleartype, just pay attention to the black.

post-53970-1156643467_thumb.jpg

He's kind of right, since any line on a digital image is technically made up of square blocks. However, 35mm film images are also made of blocks, individual photosensitive molecules! :D

So they're essentially the same thing, except the film blocks are much MUCH smaller than the digital blocks.

Ok I was talking to a photographer he said that with digital everything is made into pixels, so you can't have real curved lines unlike 35 mm.

Is this true?

Film images also consist of dots, either sharp ones in case of classic b/w or blurry blobs in case of colour. It's just that they're not organised in a grid.

Is this true?

Great question, never thought about that. :unsure: